[NL2-NL10] Oesd Flop Nl10

• Jimanyjerk
      Hey guys, Looking at another hand here. I Was on big blind with a starting hand chart playable KQos. Looking back (this was near the start of my session today,) It seems I called here and I probably should've either folded or raised preflop. Regardless of poor prelop play, I walked into an OESD on the flop and wanted to know if that was improperly played as well. :f_biggrin:

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0.90) J:club: , T:diamond: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.4, Hero raises to $1.60 (All-In), SB calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.10) 6:spade:
      River: ($4.10) J:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Js 9s)
      Hero shows (Kd Qh)

SB wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Js 9s)

I play about one hour every morning and usually have enough time to post one hand from the looks of it. Thanks for the time. I didn't go on tilt after this one because I knew I was chasing a draw here, none of that set of aces other guy gets fullhouse on the river garbage from yesterday.

Thanks a lot for the help.
  • 3 replies
    • thazar
      Hi Jimanyjerk

first avoid putting the results in hand evaluation as they do not matter. We are talking about hand range and whether you beat this range or not

First with SSS you never call. Second with the hand chart if there is a raise KQo is a fold. Now SB even with a small amount of hands seems to be a maniac so in this case and with 20bb, I have no problem shoving here preflop.

As played you have an OESD so and easy push on the flop, but your fold equity is much reduced by having only 16bb left and a maniac is likely to call you with any A or any PP or any pairs made.

to summarise, if you are starting and sticking to the chart, KQo is a fold facing a raise. If you want to think a bit further and see that you are facing a maniac or someone betting a lot from LP and blinds you can shove there.

SSS is simpel preflop you never call, you fold most of the time and when you have a hand you either raise if there are less than 3 callers or push if there are 3 or more callers or a previous raise.

Good luck at the tables
    • Jimanyjerk
      Thanks a lot, I'll have to follow the starting hand chart absolutely for a while anyway. In that situation I probably could've pushed him out of the pot but in general I probably shouldn't.

Thanks for the luck, I'll continue to improve from the help too.
    • Gerv
      Hello ,

We do not call preflop. We either raise or fold. In this case I think it is safe to say we have to fold KQo because we see a raise in front of us as said before

On the Flop you have a straightdraw and maybe overcards as out. but still your equity is fragile so I would be either shoving as you did because he looks weak. Or I would fold

Best regards,