Let's double up the nil!

• dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Hi fellow pokerstrategists!

Surprise surprise, yet another SNG blog. :) This one for myself mainly, to keep track on my progress/regress. But feel free to post comments, I'd be very happy to reply. I'll post some hands, graphs, goals, monthly (maybe weekly) reviews, etc.

So about my poker "career". I played a little on a bunch of sites, mostly on my holidays just for fun. I guess I'm breakeven, maybe slightly winning overall, except I won Titan 2,5k new depositors freeroll for $575 which I cashed out. Never played cash, only SNGs and MTTs. Oh, lies, I like to tilt some money away at Stud Hi/Lo tables, very entertaining game IMO. :)

I wanted to start playing again this year during Christmas, deposited some money for $2s on FullTilt and played a bit. F. those games, I got fed up with 5+ multitablers all the time and since I play for fun only I decided to play somewhere else. So I registered to Europoker (Ongame), tried some games there and liked them a lot more. I'm not planning to go pro or something, just want to have a competitive hobby. I'll keep track of the progress from now on by reaching goals below.

My poker "career" goals and achievements:

:diamond: Post my first hand in the evaluation forums! :D (+)
      :diamond: Get gold then platinum, read articles, watch vids (+)
      :diamond: Get HEM, SNG Wiz, 2 monitors, comfortable chair (+)
      :diamond: Be a winning player pre RB on $100+s over at least 20k games (-)

That's it for now. I'll update as much as I can. I'll always welcome your ideas on the goals and challenges and other stuff. And if there are more of you who play on SnGs Ongame, leave a post. :) Bye!
  • 550 replies
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Hi, I like your goals tracking structure :D I used to track my results almost same way as you when I played DoN's in summer :D Good luck, just keep working on your game :)
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Thanks. Good to see lithuanians here, especially with such inspiring nicknames. :D Yeah extactly, the main goal of the blog is to keep track on my goals. Sekmes ir tau. :)
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum

Played another 100, still on a huge heater! I also marked all regs and try to adjust to their styles, they seem to be quite exploitable, only one has >3% ROI over a good sample. And shoving over loose limpers gives tons of free chips.

I seem to overcall too loose, need to get some calculations done to find out. By the way, I marked some hands for evaluation, now gonna try and find some converter to post to forum tomorrow. Sleep time.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Ongame Network NL Hold'em Turbo No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds + t20 - 6 players - View hand 1128118
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: t2850 M = 6.79
      MP: t3965 M = 9.44
      CO: t1340 M = 3.19
      BTN: t2645 M = 6.30
      SB: t2285 M = 5.44
      Hero (BB): t1915 M = 4.56

Pre Flop: (t420) Hero is BB with 8 :spade: 3 :club:
      4 folds, SB calls t100, Hero raises to t1895 all in, SB calls t1695

Flop: (t3910) A :heart: 6 :spade: 9 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t3910) 7 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t3910) 7 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t3910
      SB shows 4 :diamond: J :spade: (PAIR SEVEN)
      Hero shows 8 :spade: 3 :club: (PAIR SEVEN)
      SB wins t3910

Just testing the hand converter with a funny hand. Villain limped every time in SB and folded to a raise then got fed up I guess. :D
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Still playing!

Got a little swingy but that's OK cause the game is faster than normal turbos. Anyway posting this because I spent quite some time playing tonight and then lost all todays profit on coinflip 1 on 1 SNGs. That was very "exciting". :D

Note to self: never ever again try coinflips!
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      My birthday passed so as promised there's some review. I moved to an untracked bwin account for bonus whoring so couldn't reach gold.

Goals:

:diamond: Post my first hand in the evaluation forums! :D (+)

Only posted one... Not much to post when I mostly need to push or fold cause the games are pretty fast.

:diamond: Re/read silver and gold SNG articles (-)

Silver articles don't help so much and I haven't yet reached gold.

:diamond: Watch ? (recommendation needed) silver videos (+)

Watched some videos. Most of them didn't help anything except the ones by pzhon. He does a good job explaining already obvious things and gets them into your head.

:diamond: Watch lessthanthreee's gold videos (when gold reached) (-)

No gold...

:diamond: Buy HEM (+)

Got it!

:diamond: Buy SNG Wizard (-)

I will buy it when I reach $5 level. For now holdemresources.net is enough.

:diamond: Buy a bigger monitor so I can atleast 6 table (-)

Really need that cause 4 tables only are getting boring.

:diamond: Create a useful HUD (+)

Somewhat +. I also made some notes on the regulars. But for now at this level HUD only really really helps when I shove on passive limpers, very very + EV.

:diamond: Reach 75 buyins for $5s (-)
      :diamond: Reach 100 buyins for $10s (-)

I made a withdrawal so that will wait.

:diamond: Qualify for Ongames rakerace someday :) (-)

I realised it's not that hard to do if you aim for the lowest prizes. But that will wait too.

:diamond: Use my remaining few bucks at FTP for some luck at Steps (-)

Played a few $26 90 man KOs, I liked them a lot! I still have some Step 3 tickets but I will use them on $26 matrices now that they are back.

Challenges:

And some volume challenges until my birthday (Feb 28th):
      :spade: Become gold on PS (800 games at $3s) (70% done)

I think I played enough for gold but unfortunately I moved to bwin midway which is untracked. :(

:spade: Earn 1800 Europokers VIP points to qualify for some rakeback (1200 games at $3, not very realistic :) ) (47% done)

Quite impossible with only 4 tabling. Anyway bwin gave me an 200% reload bonus so I got 62.5% rakeback from that.

:spade: Attend all SNG coachings from TheNose starting tomorrow (4 of 7 done)

Not very helpful as the thing coach explains are kind of obvious and there's no time to go in detail calculations.

And some numbers:

Winnings: $287 (221 with out bonuses, 172 EV)
      ROI%: %12.1 (9.4 EV)
      Hourly: $4.53/h (3.5 with out bonuses, 2.71 EV)

I'm quite happy with the results except that I didn't make gold. So here's some new challenges for March:
      :spade: 600 games (85% done)
      :diamond: Move to $5 (-)
      :diamond: NEVER play coinflip SNGs (+)
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum

Note to self: red line doens't mean anything when you're playing shit.

From 250 to 450 in games I was playing bad but at the end it shows almost 30 buyin profit. That's nonsense. Noone should respect the red line and comfort their loses and weak play on that.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Hey to anyone viewing! Here's my March review.

I'm very happy with my volume. Due to reload bonuses I managed to get great volume. Bwin gave me $100 and EuroPoker $75+10 bonuses which I cleared.

Goals of March:

:spade: 600 games (179% done)

1072 games! I had loads of free time so this volume is great only 4-5 tabling.

:diamond: Move to $5 (-)

Again withdrawal so not reached. Anyway I tried ~100 games there, ran bad but I think I can get %5+ ROI there.

:diamond: NEVER play coinflip SNGs (+)

Done.

Graphs:

Stats:

Winnings: SNG $361 (178.6 with out bonuses, 248.6 EV) + MTT/Cash ~$119 = Total $480
      SNG ROI%: %4.7 (6.7 EV)
      Hourly: SNG $3.28/h (1.61 with out bonuses, 2.26 EV) Total $4.36/h

Some thoughts about Ongame's $3.3 turbo SNGs. I don't think ICM works there in the late play. I can easily get %100 on SNG Wizard quizes and tops on Pokerstrategy quizes but that don't work here. All players are usually under 4-5 BBs so the position is super important and so is the -EV push. Also antes add a great deal. If you manage to get nitty you can easily triple up in the right spot when BB calls due to pot odds. The very first hand is also very important cause a lot of fishes try to double up right away with junk so you can just go all-in with AA, KK, AK and even QQ and they'll call. And the most +EV move I think is pushing over 150+ BB 15%+ limpers. Also good regs don't pay attention and over aggressively pushes over others regs.

Anyway I browsed a bit in Sharkscope's leader boards in Turbo 9-10 $2-5 2011 total profit and I found one guy I'm playing with has made over $2,500 this year. ?( No idea how he managed that, his ROI is like mine, he must be playing like 12+ tables continuously for 40 hours a week. I'd also easily make into Top 20 if I played under one alias.

Also my gold status is on the way, I'll easily get it halfway through April. I've also claimed $2000 bonus on EuroPoker. No way I'm gonna clear it all but if I put in even more volume over next 2 months and move to $5.5s 6 tabling I might get $500.

Ok, so some goals for April:

:diamond: Gold status. Read all gold articles and watch videos.
      :diamond: 1200 games
      :diamond: Move to $5
      :diamond: Finally buy a bigger monitor and get 6 tabling without mistakes
      :diamond: Make it to Ongame's rake race
      :diamond: Improve heads up play

I guess that's it for now. Bye!

P.S. Changed my blogs name to "Let's double up the nil!". My favorite poker quote.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Oh and by the way I modified my skin on EuroPoker which helps a lot with multitabling. If anyone's interested in modifying any Ongame's clients skin I can create a thread how to do it. There's a german thread and I could create an english one for that.

You could get this or any other of 30+ created skins easily.

[b]EDIT: Not possible anymore after their update! [/b]
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Just noticed. :(

Filtered for exactly 2 players left:

Really need to work on my heads up play. I'm sure that's not just bad luck.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Weee, got my first star on one of my nicks on Sharkscope in Holdem 9 to 10 Players Turbo $2.01-$5 total profit 2011. :D
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      :diamond: Buy a bigger monitor so I can atleast 6 table (+)

Done!

Anyway, I'm disappointed a bit. I bought a 1920x1080 one which can only contain 6 Ongames tables comfortably. :( Means I will have to buy another one or a bigger one when I decide I can handle more tables. Bah, didn't expect that.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Well since I'm drunk I'm gonna post some.

I just listened into the lyrics, and well if you got a perfect line for your play don't give all your secrets away! Dunno why but I managed to find a lot in common with poker in that song. :D Maybe I've just grinded too much.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      :diamond: Reach 75 buyins for $5s (+)

Done! Been mixing in $5.5 games for some time now but hadn't much success. I finally feel good on that limit 6 tabling now so I'll stop playing $3.3s and start looking into $11 games.

My graph on $5.5s.

I also watched some gold videos and read articles. Didn't find anything super useful but they boosted my confidence in my game but I'll keep looking. Fixed some leaks in my stealing ranges and stopped making some stupid mistakes due to lack of concentration.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Reward for tricky play. Everyone hates slowplayers. Karma lol. First time I limped with aces.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $600(BB) On Game
      SB ($6,620)
      BB ($5,510)
      Hero ($2,870)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:heart:

Hero calls $600, SB calls $300, BB raises to $3,000, Hero calls $2,210 (AI), fold

FLOP ($6,400) 4:spade: K:club: 7:diamond:

TURN ($6,400) 4:spade: K:club: 7:diamond: 6:spade:

RIVER ($6,400) 4:spade: K:club: 7:diamond: 6:spade: 4:diamond:

BB shows 7:spade: 7:club:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 91.1%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows A:spade: A:heart:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 8.9%, Turn 4.5%)

BB wins $6,400
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum

Done for this week. Been craziest swings I've ever experienced. Nice round numbers: 400 games, $100 profit, 8.0% EV.
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Cool blog. Loved the name.

GL at the tables.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Thank you sir. Gl to you too. I'll check out your blog too.