NL2 - PS vs iPoker

• L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Hey, I just deposited 60$ to Pokerstars to grind my ways up from the micros. Is it any different from iPoker? To me it seems that the gamblers have way more guts and are more aggresive.
  • 5 replies
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      pstars has way more action - aka more players see the flop, etc.

there are way more donkeys also. btw one small advice - dont bother thinking what they would call you with, it's hard to find any rules on that. just focus on thinking what they could bet you with, because there are pretty much clear rules on that :)

if they turn from passive to aggressive play on turn or river, it's 99% that they hit a weird 2pair, set or some unimaginable backdoor draw - so just pick the lesser evil of your options and fold, it'll be less -EV in the long run than to make hero calls in the dark and facepalm yourself every time you're wrong.

the fainting goats syndrome (those goats that walk around and then freeze+fall to the ground when frightened), or the NL2 random lottery event - whatever you like to call it. basically it's about players completely randomly open shoving all-in preflop.

in most cases they are shoving complete rubbish like Q4s or some other weirdo hands. so watch out for those so you can pick some free money.

the reason why I call 'em random events because they can boost or cripple your profit for the session because it's either free money or getting sucked out with K2o vs your AKs or whatever :)

there are some players that just sit and wait for KK-AA and then shove those, so watch out for such players so you dont run into their monsters more than once :P

same goes for short-stackers (80c is the latest short-stacking fashion) - many of these guys are very nitty, so be careful and take notes on 'em so you can differentiate loose&fishy short-stackers from the nitty ones.

there are also some nitty regulars there that only bet monsters and such, so if you want to save yourself trouble and dodge 'em lemme know :)

there's a ton of stuff that makes NL2 on ps great compared to iPoker, but anyway, the above ones were some on top of my head at the moment :D
    • jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      Hi dendra could let me know who all the nitty regs are i think i know most of them but there seem to be a few appearing lately that i dont know and seem solid enough( for nl2 anyway)

Thats alot of info, to you only after moving up or do you still play nl2?
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      nl2 remains the moneymaking land for me :)
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      My HUD catches nits pretty fast, I use the colour notes from PS to get away from KK+ lovers. Thanks for the tips, hope we don't clash 300 BB deep :D
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dendra
      there are also some nitty regulars there that only bet monsters and such, so if you want to save yourself trouble and dodge 'em lemme know :)
      Ok, after clashing with a lot of regs lately I would like to accept that offer if it's still on :D