Poker is the best roller coaster... ever.

• yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      I've only been playing seriously for a few weeks (2 at most I think).
      I've been reading the articles here on PokerStrategy.com and I've been grinding with a shortstack.

I know that 300ish hands is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. But wow, poker can sure be an exhilarating ride. I'm still at the point where, if I lose 2-3 buy-ins, I just think its the end of the world and I need to run away before I get on tilt.

Anyway, Good luck at the tables everyone!
      (P.S. I'm new here, so nice to meet you all!)
  • 24 replies
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      good luck coping with a 5k/10k hand downswing and a 20k breakeven stretch when it comes along =)
    • yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      Yeah I feel like a little kid in bed. And that monster right there is hiding underneath. If I pretend it doesn't exist, It'll murder me when it comes out. Best to shake its hand over a beer and accept it. :p
    • jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      Kids arent aloud beer :D but anyway your starting off right with leaving when you lose a couple of buy-ins so well on that. I know when i first started i would chase my losses all day.

Just try and seperate yourselfs from the money aspect of it poker is alot more fun and easier when you can do that. You can make the right decisions all day and still lose multible stacks so just keep grinding, also you should learn BSS cause SSS is gay IMO.
    • warmedia
      warmedia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jokerstar77mucker
      , also you BSS cause SSS is gay IMO.
      :s_confused:

wtf is homosexual in shorstacking ?

i do, i have diamond membership, you don't, you have bronze...

this is the kind of swing you can get playing nl50 SS

this is the kind of money you make

don't listen to jokerstar
    • jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      Hey no need to take offence, to be honest i hate shortstacker's esspecially good one and the bad ones you get min value from thats why i said IMO.

Is well i dont play on a tracked account and even if i did i wouldnt be diamond, but just cause someone is bronze doesnt mean your better then them unless your world revolves around the internet.

And i think the gay thing was taking out of context i meant it as in bad not homosexual!
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by warmedia

Yeah. Playing one-street poker by charts means your a great player as long you make 7500 strategy points a month. Try to remember that, futile bronze-beings.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Stfu haters, all that matters in poker is paying as much rake as possible on pokerstrategy tracked accounts :heart:
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      You forgot to tell them about the T-shirt. Tell them about the T-shirt.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Stfu haters, all that matters in poker is paying as much rake as possible on pokerstrategy tracked accounts :heart:
      Love this one !Cheers man :)

I played cca 200k hands with SSS.Climbed up to nl100 limits and overall experiance is that its swingy as hell!
      THere are not many variants of poker that can beat SSS in terms of wild vairance.
      But its the quickest way imo of building bankroll.

I ve been playing BSS SH for some time now and its totally different game.
      Love it!
      Much better in terms of strategic thinking, wide varieties of options and bigger fold eqity due to your stack.
      You are more in control and poker looks like totally different game.

And yeah am bronze :)

Cheers
    • warmedia
      warmedia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      Originally posted by warmedia

Yeah. Playing one-street poker by charts means your a great player as long you make 7500 strategy points a month. Try to remember that, futile bronze-beings.
      this is exactly the kind of retard that does not know a shit about ssing
    • yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      PLEASE STOP FIGHTING! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

I've started out purely with shortstacking and am just beginning to branch out to SNG's. I quite like shortstacking so far, I don't see what the big deal about it is. Having said that, I am of very limited experience so I appreciate your comments from all angles. After all we're here to learn, if by whichever means :3
    • kozmi55
      kozmi55
      Silver
      No offense guys, but this pic fits here imo. :f_biggrin: :f_cool:

• yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kozmi55
      No offense guys, but this pic fits here imo. :f_biggrin: :f_cool:

Ahahaha how true.
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      did he really post those graphs to say shortstacking is not gay? sick backfire
    • yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      It was a little strange to defend something with negative graphs...

Any shortstackers with some nice positive graphs for me to look at? :f_biggrin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by randomdonk
      U MAD BRO? He made almost TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS in only a bit over EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND HANDS!

Just think of it, it might be even better than playing BSS on NL10 :s_o:
    • jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by randomdonk
      U MAD BRO? He made almost TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS in only a bit over EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND HANDS!

Just think of it, it might be even better than playing BSS on NL10 :s_o:
      Not sure if this is sarcasm by nightfrost, but anyway check this out half the half the profit http://www.pokertableratings.com/stars-player-sessions/xerox+teen from BSS on nl10 and not just a RB winner.

Dont get wrong i got noting against making money but if im gonna play poker i want to be a winning player not just making money from RB.

I tried to look for the top winners nl50 to see how BSS was making there but neary all them are HU winners so cant be sure how much there making but probably alot then 10k RB

Edit- Here's one from nl25 yet again BBS better winrate and lower amount of hands.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Taking my posts seriously is bad for readers mental health 95% of the time. :f_biggrin:
    • jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      ^^ Yea i figured that out already :D