MP1 ($435.75)
      MP2 ($248.35)
      MP3 ($201.05)
      CO ($579.85)
      Button ($195.00)
      Hero ($38.00)
      BB ($245.55)
      UTG ($215.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:spade: , 5:spade: .
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $2, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($12) 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 4:diamond: (6 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3, UTG+1 calls $3, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls $3.

My hand seems quite weak on this board, so I checked to see what develops. I am getting 6:1 odds to call. It is possible that someone slowplays made flush, but if a non-diamon card comes, i will be in quite good spot, especially if BB takes initiative and keeps betting.

Turn: ($21) Q:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $5, UTG+1 calls $5, Hero calls $5.
      just checked, to let BB do the betting and see how the action will go here. Looks like BB is valuebeting, probably having an overpair or draw. I think UTG is drawing, since he would likely re-raise turn, if he had flush...

So I didn`t feel like laying my hand down, but had concerns about the call... since if diamond card comes I, basically, donated my money. And it also seemed obviously to me that protecting my hand is not very good idea, since there is a chance that I am drawing dead...

But my positional advantage made me call...

River: ($36) 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $20, UTG+1 calls $20, Hero bets $28 (All-In), BB folds, UTG+1 calls $8.

Now I have a hand that beat overpairs. So I checked again to let him do the betting, but I didn`t expect caller... He limped from UTG, so it could be 22-99, AX, or smthing. Doesn`t look like made flush, he would re-raise it most likely...
      Actually, looks like he has a set. Hopefully, the set of 4's I thought and pushed)

Final Pot: $112
  • 11 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      [quote][i]Actually, looks like he has a set. Hopefully, the set of 4's I thought and pushed)

Final Pot: $112[/quote]If he does have a set, you're in trouble, he just made a boat!
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      oh yeah, you`re right ofcourse) anyway, he had A7o
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I would have folded at least on the turn, since we do not have the odds and implied outs to call here. Two oppenents showed an interest in their hands and we only have third pair on a 3 suited board, thats also pretty connected. I even would have folded on the Flop.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      I would have folded at least on the turn, since we do not have the odds and implied outs to call here. Two oppenents showed an interest in their hands and we only have third pair on a 3 suited board, thats also pretty connected. I even would have folded on the Flop.
      Ok, I agree its foldable on flop, but why should I fold it on turn? I am getting 6:1, great position, most likely implied... and I have 7 outs...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      And what is "implied outs"?

And one more thing, can you, please, take a look here:
      steal strategy SSS
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Ok, as I told before, I agree it was a marginal call on turn... but the thing is you consider my position to be the worst possible and I consider it to be the best possible)) and it influenced my decision on turn very much... actually, I think I would fold it, if I were in LP and UTG was first to act...

I want to explain why I think so, because it is very important for me to know, whether I am totally wrong...
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      From what I know there are 2 types of position in no-limit holdem: absolute (in relation to the button) and relative (in relation to the pre-flop raiser). The last one is based on assumption that PFR will cbet most of the time on flop. I know there is nothing to do with the pre-flop rise in my hand, but I just folowed the logic of this theory and assumed that he is quite likely to bet the 3rd steeet, after betting first two... (in case non-diamond card comes) it was also in line with my assumption that he is playing an overpair here...

So now lets view my position in detail... I check, without giving away any additional information about my hand, let agressor do the betting, watch the reaction of the third player and now I am last to act with an option to close the beting round...

I know I made too much assumptions on turn and of course, there was quite chance he won`t bet.. he could aslo be drawing, instead of having an overpair... But I got 6:1 odds and I was closing the betting... so throughout all hand I had the best position (given how the hand played..)
      So I decided it worth calling... Because for me it seems obviously that if he bets, I am in position where I can minimize my losses and maximize my profit...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      ---
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      With these assumentions, its ok. But then I personally would only really like it, if you have these kind of reads here on your opponent, that he will keep betting on the river, even if the board pairs as well. ;)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      point taken, you are right :) thanks !
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      What amazes me the 4 caller preflop on this limit. Very fishy.