Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1119072
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $18.40
      Hero (UTG): $12.10
      MP: $8.69
      CO: $3.06
      BTN: $4.88
      SB: $10.86 44/17/37(Afreq) on 41h sample.

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with 9 :heart: 9 :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.90) A :club: 2 :heart: T :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.90) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.45, Hero calls $1.45

River: ($5.80) T :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.80, SB calls $2.80

I tended not to respect his minraise on flop, because somehow i didn't saw many strong hands that could be played this way. I put him possibly on a T or flushdraw, so i called to reevaluate on turn. On turn the flush comes and he bets out 1/2 pot. My standart play here would be folding, but here i decided to peel once more. Some hands before i've seen him beeing pretty aggressive and trying to put pressure on others with similliar play. When he checks the river, it's obvious that he doesn't have a flush and now it's not so likely for him to have a T too. Still, here i lost it a little bit and made it a bluff bet, but now i really can't see any better hand that folds here. So is there any reason to bet the river? Maybe i can't see something that judges will. Will post the results later, because that actually is the reason why this hand got me wondering.
  • 4 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I think this is a fold when he c/rs the flop. I'd prefer not to float without more equity unless you have a really solid read on the guy that he's doing this light AND giving up on the turn.

As played, I think you then have to fold when the flush hits and he barrels again on the turn. Remember, you floated because you think his most likely holdings are a T and a FD, both of which now have you crushed.

On the river, what are you hoping he will fold when you bet? Any T or flush is obviously calling. You may get an A to fold he but probably calls such a small bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pichux,

Flop: Doesn't make sense to continue here anyways, to avoid such mistakes as you did, just fold it right here and give him respect and wait for a hand. More often you will lose money in such situations than earn. :)

As played
      Turn: I'd rather just fold it, doesn't make sense to continue, what do you want to achieve with the Call? You ain't making a Tx to fold or anything and likely he could also have a flush here already or an Ace with he is likely going to bet.

As played
      River: I'd just Check behind, don't think that he is going to fold his Ace here that often and also not that much fold equity anyways.

Best regards.
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the feedback. Agreed that it's better to get out of the way here. And the reason why this hand really is here is that he showed up with 78o no draw anywhere. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Pichux
      Thanks for all the feedback. Agreed that it's better to get out of the way here. And the reason why this hand really is here is that he showed up with 78o no draw anywhere. :)
      Yeah, good for us but just the point is that I wouldn't always the result oriented. We might have done this time a good Call, but there could be next 3-4 times where we don't make such a great Call and overall in long run lose money and have a stupid habit to make such plays.