please answer Admin[party poker]

• Almonds79
      Almonds79
      Bronze
      ok,
      so im plating at party poker with 50 starting capital.

The minimum buy in i can play is $1 and next step is $3.

All i can play for $1 is super turbos sit n go tables-
      no standard blinds available at this level so resigned to play crapshoots
      [dont see any articles or videos for these]

Minimum buy in for cash on omaha is 25c BB.

minimum buy in for standard blind sit n go is $3 so this would be going against what you guys are trying to teach.

So what i want to know is, why the hell are you suggesting players to go there with $50 and expect them to play proper poker usingproper bankroll managment when clearly it is impossible unless you srictly play 1-2c , 2-4c cash tables as your only viable option??????????
  • 6 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi mate,

as pointed out in the other thread, those are restrictions made by PartyPoker, not us. However, we refer players to Party since there is a significant amount of players deciding for NL Hold'em - and for them, Party is a most viable choice.

Hadi
    • Almonds79
      Almonds79
      Bronze
      yeah i understand that Hadi,butI play NL too and just think its a bit hypocritical to expect people to use proper bankroll management when all they can play with $50 on party is hyper turbo sit n gos for $1 as next level up is $3 and thats where standard blind tables start.
      would you not agree?
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Almonds79,

I agree with you, that there should be standard $1 SNGs as well. However we send this feedback already several times to PartyPoker and at the end they will need to decide and we cannot force them to introduce those games.

So my suggestion is the following one:
      If you can play cashgame as well, you can grind for a solid bankroll on NL2 and NL4 until you have enough money for the $3 SNGs and then start playing them.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      For me, I played the $3 ones but I think there's a different restriction if it's your second $50 bankroll.
      The turbos are pretty simple though, you can pretty much sit out when you're close to the bubble and they'll take each other out.
      Though I agree with Hadi, it's NLHE where the fishes are really at :f_biggrin:
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Another downside to playing any SnG or MTT at party poker is the rake is 20% under $10 buyins.

I would seriously think about playing cash games untill you have a bigger bank roll where the rake comes down to a standard 10% and there's a varied format to the games.
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      Originally posted by flopraiser
      Another downside to playing any SnG or MTT at party poker is the rake is 20% under $10 buyins.
      Technically 25%, entry is $0.8 and you pay 25% ($0.2) in rake.