February Volume Propbets

• wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Seeing as the SNG crew is launching their own volume propbet (potentially), I'd like to get own going in February for cash game grinders too.

This is meant to set a goal for yourself and not try to get easy money (because if we all just bet on small volume then we're just transferring money to eachother at the beginning and end of the month). Someone will escrow (I can if people want me to) and everyone sets their goal at the beginning of the month. The people who do not reach their goal by the end of February will have their money split amongst the participants who do reach their goal.

I'd like to limit this to reputable PS members, and if I don't recognize you as a reputable member, you should have references from several PS or 2p2 members.

I'd like to set my goal at 35k hands.

Interested list:
      wasy8 - 35k
      Hajler - ???
      Llanlad - 75k
      i5bet72o - 50k
      NightFrostaSS - 50k
  • 26 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Oh and I guess I should mention - the bet for each player will be $100. If there isn't enough interest we can probably negotiate it but I would rather it didn't go lower than that.
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello!

I am interested in this, but seeing as even the 2+2 volume pool has problems getting enough people, I wonder how many will sign up here. Would we only be doing 1 tier?

Either way you can probably count me in. :f_cool:
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      we can probably do a smaller tier if we get enough interest.

even if we only get 5 guys to do a pool we might be able to generate interest from other communities if we get it set up and running properly for a month or two.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      150 hands
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by ihufa
      150k hands
      booked, that is definitely a sick goal sir.

:f_biggrin:
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      bumpity bump bump

why the fuck is there no interest at all for this?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Cause you guys will own it haha
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Cause you guys will own it haha
      but it's not a propbet anyone can 'own' ducy?

its not a race for whoever plays the most number of hands. you set a goal - say 15k hands. if you reach it, you don't lose your money. you can only gain the money of a participant in the bet that doesn't reach his/her goal.

its really just a motivational thing.
    • Llanlad
      Llanlad
      Basic
      The most ive ever played is 36k hands in a month ..

Ive only played 6k hands so far this month :(

But im prepared to go for 75k hands in February ... even though its only 28 days !
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      50K hands: tell me where/when to ship the money
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Edited OP to include an interest list.

Since I don't think anyone will have a problem with it I don't mind acting as escrow.

I'd like a minimum of 8 people to make this happen. Don't send any money to me yet - if I feel like there's a really good chance of this happening I'll ask for the money to be sent in the last 5 days before the end of January.

Spread the word to as many people as you can!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Am I reputable?
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Am I reputable?
      meh, why not.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      kool! Then I'm prob in for 50k hands, that's like the amount of hands I've played in last three months or so. :f_biggrin:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I can't say whether I'll go for a multitabling & rake generating month or for some "getting better" one, so what if I bet on total time spent at the tables (in hours by HEM)?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      does this ever make sense? who's ever going to lose?
      i'll laugh at whoever who loses at this :f_biggrin:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      does this ever make sense? who's ever going to lose?
      i'll laugh at whoever who loses at this :f_biggrin:
      well; I'd bet on the amount I'd like to achieve (= more than I played in a single month in 2010)..

But yeah; you're right, although this is some kind of extra motivation, not money making system. Or it shouldnt be^^
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      @opal99 - as long as you're setting a goal that you know is challenging, i'm fine with it being an hours bet.

@supeyrio - the goal of this isn't to make money directly from the bet. the money gained usually isn't much for players to win, but losing the $100 would be motivation enough to reach the goal, and thats why players set higher hand # goals.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @wasy8: well i get the gist. but i don't like it
      1. it employs negative motivation technique
      e.g. i'm going to slap myself one time if i sleep more than 8hours a day
      vs
      i'm going to reward myself with ice cream if i do not sleep more than 8hours a day.

2. i can understand if the goal is common target figure like every one has to hit 100k(if im nt wrong that how it works at 2+2).

but goals set by oneself just unevens the "playing field". definitely there will be little to gain by "cheating", but it wouldn't make sense for anyone not to join if there can only be expected gains, and little risk of losing by setting reasonable hittable goals and hoping that there will be some players who took this challenge genuinely fail to hit his target; especially not when poker is all about making +EV moves and maximizing returns by working on marginal spots
      personally, i would think that a more +EV manner of trying to use $100 to "punish myself" is if i fail to accomplish whatever target goal i set out to, i would use $100 to purchase education(one e.g. poker coaching). this way i "lose $100", and am forced to attend some poker coaching, but also gain more knowledge.
      alternatively if one still cannot feel the "pain", alternatives would be donating to charities, giving treats to family members, etc. all these will gain a greater payoff vs splitting the already paltry sum among a few baller poker players.

hope you guys can see my point.
      setting goals here is fine. but collecting $$ and splitting among the group is just not the best choice i would think.