Tournaments

• 4 replies
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      When you are starting up I recommend the smaller tournaments so probably the 180 man's 90man's and 45 man's. They are multi-table SNG's but they are really just tournaments with a set amount of people in them.

Playing the ones I recommend gives you a feeling for the tournament games with less variance than the tournaments with 1k till 4k people in it.
    • TheEndaWay
      TheEndaWay
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yvonnejansen
      When you are starting up I recommend the smaller tournaments so probably the 180 man's 90man's and 45 man's. They are multi-table SNG's but they are really just tournaments with a set amount of people in them.

Playing the ones I recommend gives you a feeling for the tournament games with less variance than the tournaments with 1k till 4k people in it.
      Yeah i agree. It also gives you more confidence when getting to the final stages of the smaller tournaments. Less time consuming too.
    • sorinallin
      sorinallin
      Bronze
      i tried a few, pretty cool actually, but i see they are not exactly for me. there are few places paid, i rather play an 1k + players tournament, yes, i spend a few hours, but it's much more easier to reach a profit.

i will review my sng strategy and then i will try some more.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sorinallin
      i tried a few, pretty cool actually, but i see they are not exactly for me. there are few places paid, i rather play an 1k + players tournament, yes, i spend a few hours, but it's much more easier to reach a profit.

i will review my sng strategy and then i will try some more.
      absolutely true... But playing these tournaments whether you play the 180 man or the 1k+ tournaments doesn't change anything profit wise. Since in both tournaments you are playing for the win, not for a double your buy-in finishing position. Wich means playing the 180-man is better if you start up since variance is significantly lower than the 1k+ tournaments.