[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH. 99 raise, call and then shove from short stack (12bb)

• parry
      parry
      Bronze
      PKR $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

BTN: $1.08 - VPIP: 54, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      SB: $9.90 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 1.1, Hands: 248
      BB: $9.30 - VPIP: 57, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 0.9, Hands: 375
      Hero (UTG): $17.81
      MP: $19.17 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 4.3, Hands: 58
      CO: $1.29 - VPIP: 49, PFR: 15, 3B: 30, AF: 3.0, Hands: 39

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with 9:spade: 9:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO raises to $1.29, 3 folds, Hero ???

Whats my play here getting pot odds of 2:1 against the shorty and with the loose passive MP behind?

Folding - seems weak, especially as i think 99 is ahead here a lot of the time
      Calling - From previous play the MP is definitely calling behind so would have to play medium pocket pair out of position
      Raising - How much? With the MP's loose passive play think they would still call a lot and would still be playing OOP. Can I shove here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello parry,

First of all, I would like to mention out that, never shove here, that would be just the biggest mistake from all the plays. Overall, I think I'd raise it to like $3 and hope the MP3 to fold his hand, as you mentioned that he is Calling a lot there then it's kinda hard to just Call and give great odds for MP3 to call also and put him into position against us. Not really what we want being also kinda deep.

Best regards.
    • parry
      parry
      Bronze
      Thought the MP was likely to call a 4Bet, apart from a shove but i agree too deep for that, so i just called and give up when missed :f_cry:

Flop came king high, should i have fired at this?
      If i had raised to $3 - $3.5 do you CBet a single high card flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by parry
      Thought the MP was likely to call a 4Bet, apart from a shove but i agree too deep for that, so i just called and give up when missed :f_cry:

Flop came king high, should i have fired at this?
      If i had raised to $3 - $3.5 do you CBet a single high card flop?
      If the flop is like K52 or something similar, then you can Bet smallish if you consider him being that kind of thinking player who might fold here. But more often I see him folding directly preflop if we raise there, since he doesn't have that strong hand. Also on flop if you are betting then bet kinda smallish like 1/2 pot or something similar, just for the given reason that CBet will most often cost you a lot, sometimes I even skip it when I see the opponent not going to give it up there.