Confusion over ICM trainer.

• yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. I hope the tables are treating you well.

I'm just covered the first few articles on SNG's in the Basic category. I'm just looking into Bronze ones now. The ICM trainer is confusing me. It seems to only be a testing program, to test ones preexisting knowledge of the ICM. I don't see how it helps you learn as it doesn't justify any of the moves. Where do I learn this part? Am I missing something?

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread. :)

EDIT: I've just realised that maybe the LEARNING part of it is in the ICM trainer light... but I instantly gave up on it and downloaded the full Trainer because my Light version has some weird error where I can only see part of the table, and nothing on the panels shows up except for the little blue speech bubble and lightbulb icon. Ideas?
  • 7 replies
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      it teaches you the ranges at the bottom.
    • ScroogeMcMuck
      ScroogeMcMuck
      Bronze
      Download the Late Tourney Starting hands pdf from this site, You'll start making sense of ICM then.
    • Fiszy
      Fiszy
      Bronze
      The ICM trainer IS a trainer and it will turn you into an SNG-winning machine. What you have to do is is examine WHY something is a push or fold, and if you get it wrong you look at it and try and see why it was the wrong decision. Everything you see on the table is a factor into your decision: Position, stack sizes, how many pushes before you, and your hand. Some hands like AA, KK, AK are always a push, and some like 23o is always a fold, but if you get unsure about whether something is a push or fold then take as much time as you need to examine the table.
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      some hands are never a fold
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Actualy. When 8 players go all in preflop you should fold AK, kk and even AA.. It's better to take your almost guaranteed second then to gamble it. Even if some players split it and your left a shortstack.. the blinds are still low enough that there's not much to worry about.
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Actualy. When 8 players go all in preflop you should fold AK, kk and even AA.. It's better to take your almost guaranteed second then to gamble it. Even if some players split it and your left a shortstack.. the blinds are still low enough that there's not much to worry about.
      I was referring to "any two" situations, aka you're in small blind with 1 bb
    • jimifromshields
      jimifromshields
      Bronze
      i had a shot on it thought it was a bit simple when i awnserd 49 correct out of first 50 hah