[NL2-NL10] NL 10 AK contibets

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9.24
      Hero:
      $9.05

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , A:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BU folds, SB calls $0.45, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.20) 9:club: , 6:club: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB raises to $2.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.00

Contibet or check behind.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $8.87
      Hero:
      $9.85

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , A:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.35, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.15) 2:diamond: , 2:club: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.15) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP1 calls $1.50.

River: ($5.15) 2:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot:
  • 9 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      On hand 1, I'd check behind, don't like contibetting into a drawy flop. BUT... you're heads-up, so it may be a good play, I don't know.

On hand 2, I'd contibet. You're heads-up, the board is quite dry, the way you played you could be easily holding pocket pairs, and you have position.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      1. I'd c-bet HU IP nearly every flop

2. I don't like your turn bet because you can't represent anything here. Either you should bet the flop (and possibly the turn either to represent a high pocket), or check flop and turn and hope A high is good.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      I think hand 1 is ok
      Hand 2 -c-bet. It is a dry board and you reraised pf
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      @Thorsten... how to play a player who contibets nearly every flop IP HU? :-)
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Well, look at your name ;)

If you are in position and the board looks like he likely missed it, I'd try to float him, i.e. call his conti-bet and bet if he checks the turn. However, reads in such a situation help: is he capable of making another c-bet on the turn with air or does he switch to c/f?
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77

If you are in position and the board looks like he likely missed it,
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      oops, hit the button by accident in the previous message ... just wanted to say that it is a bit difficult to have have position when the opponent contibets IP ;-)
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Ahh, i didn't read IP...

Well, if he has position on you it's much more difficult as floating OOP does not nearly as often succeed than in position... If I'm OOP and have nothing, I just check/fold. If I have a very strong hand, I sometimes play check/call, sometimes check/raise. With a marginal hand it's the most difficult decision. If the opponent is not aggressive at the turn, I will c/c flop and check the turn on a dry board. Against very aggressive opponents, it really sucks... I think its not too bad to fold to his bets. I don't like a donk as you get called too often. Sometimes, I use a board that likely missed him to make a check/raise with my marginal hand. However, this should be used rarely. At the lower limits, I'd just play straightforward as you get paid often enough, so there's no need for fancy plays which put you in marginal spots.
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      Ahh, i didn't read IP...
      dont worry, i wont stack you on overlooking this ;)

At the lower limits, I'd just play straightforward as you get paid often enough, so there's no need for fancy plays which put you in marginal spots.
      actually ur probably saving me quite a few future stacks here as you 'touched' what is probably my worst mistake for the moment ;-) (that is if i can keep up that rule :rolleyes: )

thank you so much =)