Greenhorn vs maniac - A small step...

• Amra76
      Amra76
      Bronze
      This is probably no big deal for the more experienced players here, but this one player I ran into tonight was so ridiculously loose/aggressive I just had to share.

The long and short of it - he would call, bet or raise on absolutely anything, even complete trash, and he rarely folded before the river, even with pairs on the board or a flush draw against him.

Now, I've only been playing poker for about two weeks so my knowledge is limited at best, but imagine this:

You have the big blind, you got a queen of hearts and an eight of hearts. The player to the left folds, the player on his left (that's me with a pair of sixes) raises straight off the bat and the rest of the table folds.

The flop gives you 6d Td 2c, the turn 4h and the river Tc

To the more experienced players out there - would you have called with those cards all the way to the river, with neither pairs, straight draws nor flush draws in sight?

Because he did, and I raised him into oblivion, said thanks for the ride, showed him my full house and took all the money he had been so kind as to put into the pot.

I realize I probably had my fair share of luck, playing my pair of sixes as aggressivly as I did and ending up getting trips on the flop, but dang, what a rush :f_cool:
  • 2 replies
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      Originally posted by Amra76
      This is probably no big deal for the more experienced players here, but this one player I ran into tonight was so ridiculously loose/aggressive I just had to share.

The long and short of it - he would call, bet or raise on absolutely anything, even complete trash, and he rarely folded before the river, even with pairs on the board or a flush draw against him.

Now, I've only been playing poker for about two weeks so my knowledge is limited at best, but imagine this:

You have the big blind, you got a queen of hearts and an eight of hearts. The player to the left folds, the player on his left (that's me with a pair of sixes) raises straight off the bat and the rest of the table folds.

The flop gives you 6d Td 2c, the turn 4h and the river Tc

To the more experienced players out there - would you have called with those cards all the way to the river, with neither pairs, straight draws nor flush draws in sight?

Because he did, and I raised him into oblivion, said thanks for the ride, showed him my full house and took all the money he had been so kind as to put into the pot.

I realize I probably had my fair share of luck, playing my pair of sixes as aggressivly as I did and ending up getting trips on the flop, but dang, what a rush :f_cool:
      C00l story bro!
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Set vs. Trips