When to leave tables?

• JonnyJr555
      JonnyJr555
      Bronze
      hi guys,

i play $0.05/$0.10 fixed limit games at STARS, in time i do win some big pots but then loose my money again to break even.. :s_cry:
      so if i buy-in with 35 Big Bets (that's $3.50) when should i rebuy and when should i leave the tables?

What is the exact count of Big Bets that i must win before leaving a table? and at what amount i should rebuy?

Cheers
      JonnyJr555
  • 6 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I doesn't matter when you live since you can only lose or win a fixed amount per hand. You leave the table when the fish is gone and are sitting there with 5 other regs, which i doubt that happens in 0.05/0.10 games.
    • ScroogeMcMuck
      ScroogeMcMuck
      Bronze
      I went through my PT3 data, and worked out in how many hands am I up or down 10 BB (ignoring everything under that). Worked out that within 15 hands, I tend to be up or down 10 BB. So if in 15 hands, I've not hit/ improved, or have worsened, I leave n go to another table.

If I'm up I leave when I feel any run I've been on has petered out. That depends if there's a fish on the table donating or not. If it's tight, then I tend to leave within winning 1/2 to 1 buyin. If there's a great fish there, then I'll stay as long as he's there. Otherwise, I leave.

Define rules for yourself on when you stay and when you leave, and you won't make mistakes. :)
    • JonnyJr555
      JonnyJr555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ScroogeMcMuck
      I went through my PT3 data, and worked out in how many hands am I up or down 10 BB (ignoring everything under that). Worked out that within 15 hands, I tend to be up or down 10 BB. So if in 15 hands, I've not hit/ improved, or have worsened, I leave n go to another table.

If I'm up I leave when I feel any run I've been on has petered out. That depends if there's a fish on the table donating or not. If it's tight, then I tend to leave within winning 1/2 to 1 buyin. If there's a great fish there, then I'll stay as long as he's there. Otherwise, I leave.

Define rules for yourself on when you stay and when you leave, and you won't make mistakes. :)
      thanks buddy that really helped a lot.
      Hey generally what amount of Big Bets one should expect with (say 100) hands of fixed limit game.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Thats terrible advice fml. Just listen to what #2 said, you play till the fish have left or till you stop playing your A-game!
    • Gelsnr
      Gelsnr
      Bronze
      another way you could play would be to follow bankroll advice from phil gordon, play with 5% of your bankroll and when your up to 10% of your bankroll leave the table
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gelsnr
      another way you could play would be to follow bankroll advice from phil gordon, play with 5% of your bankroll and when your up to 10% of your bankroll leave the table
      why would you ever do that in fixed limit?