This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

When to leave tables?

• JonnyJr555
      JonnyJr555
      Bronze
      hi guys,

i play $0.05/$0.10 fixed limit games at STARS, in time i do win some big pots but then loose my money again to break even.. :s_cry:
      so if i buy-in with 35 Big Bets (that's $3.50) when should i rebuy and when should i leave the tables?

What is the exact count of Big Bets that i must win before leaving a table? and at what amount i should rebuy?

Cheers
      JonnyJr555
  • 6 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I doesn't matter when you live since you can only lose or win a fixed amount per hand. You leave the table when the fish is gone and are sitting there with 5 other regs, which i doubt that happens in 0.05/0.10 games.
    • ScroogeMcMuck
      ScroogeMcMuck
      Bronze
      I went through my PT3 data, and worked out in how many hands am I up or down 10 BB (ignoring everything under that). Worked out that within 15 hands, I tend to be up or down 10 BB. So if in 15 hands, I've not hit/ improved, or have worsened, I leave n go to another table.

If I'm up I leave when I feel any run I've been on has petered out. That depends if there's a fish on the table donating or not. If it's tight, then I tend to leave within winning 1/2 to 1 buyin. If there's a great fish there, then I'll stay as long as he's there. Otherwise, I leave.

Define rules for yourself on when you stay and when you leave, and you won't make mistakes. :)
    • JonnyJr555
      JonnyJr555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ScroogeMcMuck
      I went through my PT3 data, and worked out in how many hands am I up or down 10 BB (ignoring everything under that). Worked out that within 15 hands, I tend to be up or down 10 BB. So if in 15 hands, I've not hit/ improved, or have worsened, I leave n go to another table.

If I'm up I leave when I feel any run I've been on has petered out. That depends if there's a fish on the table donating or not. If it's tight, then I tend to leave within winning 1/2 to 1 buyin. If there's a great fish there, then I'll stay as long as he's there. Otherwise, I leave.

Define rules for yourself on when you stay and when you leave, and you won't make mistakes. :)
      thanks buddy that really helped a lot.
      Hey generally what amount of Big Bets one should expect with (say 100) hands of fixed limit game.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Thats terrible advice fml. Just listen to what #2 said, you play till the fish have left or till you stop playing your A-game!
    • Gelsnr
      Gelsnr
      Bronze
      another way you could play would be to follow bankroll advice from phil gordon, play with 5% of your bankroll and when your up to 10% of your bankroll leave the table
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gelsnr
      another way you could play would be to follow bankroll advice from phil gordon, play with 5% of your bankroll and when your up to 10% of your bankroll leave the table
      why would you ever do that in fixed limit?