SSS earnings

• naomisurvey
      naomisurvey
      Bronze
      hi everyone, i've been playing NL SSS at titan for a couple of days now.

i was wondering if sticking EXACTLY to the SSS pretty much guarantees you a profit if you stick to it in the long run, or is it neccessary to move on to different styles of play once you're comfortable with it? if it is a profitable strategy, how many bb's per hour can i expect to make at the lower limits, assuming i don't vary from the strategy atall? does the strategy become ineffective at higher limits?

does anyone here actually make a full time living playing online poker, and if the answer is yes, does anyone make a living/ a decent amount just playing SSS?

sorry if i could have found these answers somewhere else on the site- i've had a look, but there's so much to go through i thought i'd just give up and ask here!

thank you!
  • 4 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi naomisurvey,

As you're a beginner, i strongly recommend that you stick 100% to SSS and BRM. It protects you against bankruptcy and ofcourse helps building up your bankroll carefully. With $50 starting capital, i think SSS it's an ideal style for you. And don't forget to choose the right limit: you should play NL10 until you get a sufficient bankroll to move up the limit (at least $150 for next limit). In long run, SSS is an winning strategy. So no need to become impatient because you have to bulid up your bankroll CAREFULLY first.

When you have a sufficient bankroll and are enough confident, you can move to BSS. But again: don't switch your strategy right now, you're not ready yet!

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • naomisurvey
      naomisurvey
      Bronze
      thanks, so on average, what should i expect my earnings to be? (ie- bb per hour)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      well, don`t think about earnings) just prepare to play around 15-20k hands on NL 10) I guess good winrate for you will be 3-4 BB/100h (not PT Big Bets). And yes, there are couple of coaches who play SSS on NL 1000-5000. Myself I play NL 200 SSS and its totally ok...
      But again, don`t aim to win money playing microlimits. Better if you take it as a training ground where you can make mistakes cheaply... otherwise you will be quite disappointed. for instance, I played almost 10k hands on NL 10 with a profit of 15$... while average estimated profit after 10k hands should be 30-40$...
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi naomisurvey!

We have a lot of players who are able to play the SSS for living. But as mentioned before. Your aim shouldn't be to earn money on the microlimits but to learn the game. Every positive winrate is a good winrate. Read our articles, post your hands in our sample hands board and watch coachings as well as videos. That should help you to improve your game, to move up the limits and to earn more and more money.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81