How to dealing with tilt?

• pukegou
      pukegou
      Bronze
      I would consider myself an OK-marginal player, but I am having some issue with tilt( tilt here i mean both winning or losing the tournament).

I play 6max 2 tabling by set, if the 2 game end I will open another 2 game.

I found that when i play my 1st set of game i am about 80% of the time end either 1st or 2nd. but when i play my 2nd set of the game i am only able to end 2nd placed at about 40% of the time or some time 1st (very few) and when it come to my 3rd set i end in very early of the game.

So here i don even know whether this is consider tilt or that i can not transit (my mind) from game to game :f_confused: ?

Any comment is appreciated :f_grin: .
  • 7 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Sounds like you might be lacking concentration. Maybe it's a good idea for you to take 15-30 minutes break between sets??

Eat healthy and drink enough of water will also help your concentration.

And it has become some kind of tilt now because you obviously don't feel as likely to win when you get into your 2nd set of the day.. Which will automatically make it less likely that you win :)

So yea my idea would be to take 15 minutes of break before opening the next set. Make sure your mindset is good.. and have a bottle of water on your desk while playing. And forget all about being less likely to win in the 2nd set of the day :D
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      what Hlynkinn said and also it might be the cause of variance or just such impression, unless you have played >1k games already
    • pukegou
      pukegou
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Sounds like you might be lacking concentration. Maybe it's a good idea for you to take 15-30 minutes break between sets??

Eat healthy and drink enough of water will also help your concentration.

And it has become some kind of tilt now because you obviously don't feel as likely to win when you get into your 2nd set of the day.. Which will automatically make it less likely that you win :)

So yea my idea would be to take 15 minutes of break before opening the next set. Make sure your mindset is good.. and have a bottle of water on your desk while playing. And forget all about being less likely to win in the 2nd set of the day :D
      Haha FYI I drink a lot of water...there always a 2 liter bottle of water beside me when I play. Cus I love to laugh out loud when I win :f_p:

But the idea of lack of concentration might be the problem (or i get bored very easy). Having to wait 15-30min between set would waste a lot of time.

Originally posted by Bigniux
      what Hlynkinn said and also it might be the cause of variance or just such impression, unless you have played >1k games already
      It could be cause of a variance, but this has happen about everyday ( crazy Coincident?) well i have not played 1k game, only about 300s game and about 8 month or so now.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I don't believe that you can consistently cash in your first set. It could be that you find those more memorable than the times that you bust out. If you don't do as well in the first set, then there isn't as large of a contrast with your later sets to explain.

What might be happening is that you become looser and more aggressive as the blinds increase, and you don't go back to playing patiently when you start the next set. Perhaps you can add looking at a starting hand chart to your routine as you start each set, and this might help you to play in a more consistent fashion.

If you can't maintain focus for several sets, you might want to cut your sessions shorter. Instead of 3 sets of 2 tournaments, you could try 2 sets of 3 tournaments.
    • pukegou
      pukegou
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pzhon
      I don't believe that you can consistently cash in your first set. It could be that you find those more memorable than the times that you bust out. If you don't do as well in the first set, then there isn't as large of a contrast with your later sets to explain.

What might be happening is that you become looser and more aggressive as the blinds increase, and you don't go back to playing patiently when you start the next set. Perhaps you can add looking at a starting hand chart to your routine as you start each set, and this might help you to play in a more consistent fashion.

If you can't maintain focus for several sets, you might want to cut your sessions shorter. Instead of 3 sets of 2 tournaments, you could try 2 sets of 3 tournaments.
      Do you mean that between set, take a small break and take a view at the starting hand chart and make sure I reset my mind to TAG?

I am actually considering to do 2 sets of 3 tournaments.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pukegou
      Do you mean that between set, take a small break and take a view at the starting hand chart and make sure I reset my mind to TAG?
      Yes.

If you play a mixed game like Horse which features hold'em, omaha, razz, stud high, and stud eight-or-better, then it is obvious that you have to get back into the hold'em mode when you are dealt two cards instead of 3 or 4. SNGs are a lot like mixed games in that you play with more players at the table and deep stacks, you have the bubble, and then heads-up play with shallow effective stacks. A routine such as looking at your early game starting hand chart can help you to get back in the early game mode.

This is not a requirement for everyone. Some people play continuously instead of playing sets, and that means simultaneously playing tournaments in very different phases.
    • pukegou
      pukegou
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pzhon

Yes.

If you play a mixed game like Horse which features hold'em, omaha, razz, stud high, and stud eight-or-better, then it is obvious that you have to get back into the hold'em mode when you are dealt two cards instead of 3 or 4. SNGs are a lot like mixed games in that you play with more players at the table and deep stacks, you have the bubble, and then heads-up play with shallow effective stacks. A routine such as looking at your early game starting hand chart can help you to get back in the early game mode.

This is not a requirement for everyone. Some people play continuously instead of playing sets, and that means simultaneously playing tournaments in very different phases.
      I don think i could play continuously :f_p: . :f_love: Thank you for your advise, i think i would gave a try to take a small break between set and look at the starting hand chart and play 3 tournament 2 set per session, 2 sessions a day. Hope to Grinding it out this limit ($1+0.2) as soon as possible. 20% rake :f_mad: is grinding my life instead :f_frown: .

I will post more hand to the forum more often soon, Hope to see you there too :f_cool: .

Thanks again :f_love: everyone.