[NL2-NL10] NL 100 SH QQ Ip BSS

• DrHyde
      Im grabing some of my hands that gave me problem form PT and just found this one. How should I play QQ in this spot versus an unknown? Reraise pre flop? Just fold on the flop?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $4.00, 2 folds, SB raises to $12.00, BB folds, Hero calls $8.00.

Flop: ($25.00) K:heart: , 8:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $18, Hero calls $18.00.

Turn: ($61.00) 3:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $35, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $96.00
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
    • Faye6891
      I won't comment on PF cause I don't play SH. If it was FR I'd just call as you did, but SH requires a different approach.

As played, I think it was well played. Against an aggressive player, I'd call it down to the end. But against an unknown, after calling the flop on a dry board and he keeps betting on the turn, he's gotta have something.

IMO, he's got AA, KK or AK. Figured out you have something since you called a bet on a dry flop, made smaller bet on the turn in order to commit you on the river if you call.
    • Thorsten77
      I think I'd play similarly against an unknown. The problem is that QQ is too good to fold to a 3-bet but we don't want to go all-in preflop against unknowns (as we are too often behind), nor we should play 4-bet/fold. On the flop, he would c-bet nearly always. But I don't think most players bet the turn another time with a smaller pocket.