$4.67
      MP2:
      $3.15
      MP3 (Hero):
      $3.94
      CO:
      $1.16

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      UTG1 raises to $0.16, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.28, Hero raises to $0.80, 4 folds, UTG1 raises to $1.53, MP2 calls $1.25, Hero raises to $3.94, MP2 calls $1.62(All-In).

Flop: ($8.68) 6, 6, 8 (3 players)

Turn: ($8.68) T (3 players)

River: ($8.68) A (3 players)

Final Pot: $8.68.
      Results follow:

Can i go all in with this hands against two opponents? I wanted to isolate the guy right of me, and to go to showdown against the UTG, cus he was really lose
  • 4 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yeah this is sort of tough though given a raise and a reraise before you. Do you have any more reads on MP2?

That being said as a default I just go broke (but I shove it directly) because MP2 isn't a full stack and likely isn't a great player (although this can be even worse for us because he might not 3betting too light to iso)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Filipstan,

If we were headsup with UTG1 it would be pretty easy spot to go broke but as long the MP2 decided to min-raise him and we really don't know the opponent, I'd rather fold it. The problem is that against 2 opponents we wont get the greatest equity and even be behind, at the best we could be ahead of one opponent, but why should we take the flip?

Also sometimes such a min-raises indicate to a pretty strong hand, such as QQ+ or something similar. Therefore without reads, I'd just fold it and be happy that I didn't take the flip.

Of course we can say now like oh, we had to go broke, Ace on river and etc. But overall, we have to find such spots, where we have the best equity, not where we get a good flip. Just curious, what was the result and what did they have?

Best regards.
    • Filipstan
      Filipstan
      Global
      You were right, one Mp2 had KK and the other one JJ:P I was dawn lucky but i realized that i would loose on the long run so i will try to avoid situation like this. :P Tnx
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Filipstan
      You were right, one Mp2 had KK and the other one JJ:P I was dawn lucky but i realized that i would loose on the long run so i will try to avoid situation like this. :P Tnx
      Very often such min-raises indicate to such hands as I mentioned QQ+, often times maybe even stronger, unless we have seen him doing often enough such moves. Depending on the player. :) At least next time you will know that. Good luck on tables!

Also the equity:
      Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 28,658% 28,424% 0,599% 70,977% AsKs
      Player 2: 18,318% 18,186% 0,396% 81,418% JJ
      Player 3: 53,024% 52,791% 0,599% 46,610% KK

As you can see, you lose a lot in long run. But of course we can't put them exactly on those hands but just for the given overview how much we would lose. If we wanted to get correct equity then we have to put them into bigger range, as for example MP2 QQ+ or something similar and JJ guy even wider.