[NL2-NL10] QQ Nl 100

• sueliznt
      sueliznt
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      CO:
      $136.26
      Hero:
      $100.83
      BB:
      $106.93
      SB:
      $105.98

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $4.00, SB raises to $14.00, BB folds, Hero calls $10.00.

Flop: ($29.00) 8:heart: , 6:heart: , 5:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $22, Hero calls $22.00.

Turn: ($73.00) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $69.98 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $142.98
  • 9 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would get stacked on that board. I would re-raise flop and call his push. As played I would call his turn push.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      i think 4bet pre was good here and if he shoved fold. you are IP and i think a call might work too but you get a flop like that very hard to fold . just aa and kk beats you right now. he could have aa kk or jj 10 10 99 . hard decision .
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      i think 4bet pre was good here and if he shoved fold

noooooooooo. 4bet/fold with QQ (AK) is horrible! 4bet/call or you call his 3bet.

your call is fine.
      But you have to push on the flop
    • sueliznt
      sueliznt
      Bronze
      Thanks for your help; guess Im playing way too weak tight with my overpairs, always afraid of a higher pair or a set. I will try to make it up.
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Peter87
      [QUOTE]
      your call is fine.
      But you have to push on the flop[/quote]standard strategy article says to fold pf in case QQ gets reraised.

so further comment more than welcome .
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      standard strategy article says to fold pf in case QQ gets reraised.

He is calling 10 for a pot of 19, with a big stack for both players. There is a 12% chance that a queen comes off, so the call is ok.

Especially because he is the button, so his range is way wider then when he would've raised queens from utg, and the sb might be aware of this. That's the reason why i would go broke on this one, tbh. The "don't 4bet queens"-rule is, because 1/12 cases you get your queens, someone has aces or kings. But, the chance that sb or bb has aces or kings, is only 1/5 of that, so that is 1/60. That is too unlikely for me tbh. He could be bluffing you out with air here.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      The standard strategy assumes that the players are very passive and a 3-bet from those players means that they have QQ+,AK. Given such a player you should just fold: you can't call for set value and you only flip with QQ/AK and you are a huge dog to AA/KK...
      If you give your opponent a wider range, e.g. TT+,AQ,AK, then you may go all the way with that hand by either 4-betting and calling a push or by calling the 3-bet and pushing a low card board.
      In genereal, given the typical passive opponent, I think folding is not bad as it also decreases your variance compared to pushing in such marginal spots.
    • dhw86
      dhw86
      Bronze
      you can 4bet preflop (and call a shove ffs) or call in position

remember its blindbattle and he can defend very loose.

i would shove the flop or as played call the turn shove.
    • dhw86
      dhw86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      In genereal, given the typical passive opponent, I think folding is not bad as it also decreases your variance compared to pushing in such marginal spots.
      wait a minute!

please please dont tell me you even think about folding queens to a defend!!!

hero button openraises and the sb 3bets...