$5.87
      SB:
      $1.81
      BB:
      $5.07
      UTG1:
      $2.61

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, 2 folds, BU calls $0.17, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.41) 9, A, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.81) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

River: ($1.61) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU raises to $1.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.11.

how to play flop turn river ?
  • 3 replies
    • ExMagnusxL
      ExMagnusxL
      Bronze
      Pre flop you are in MP2 which means you have 5 people behind you, three of them with position who can call you. You don't want to make this an easy call, lowering your bet with a hand like aces is an easy way to encourage action (if your opponents don't catch on that you do this) but this also allows more marginal hands to call you to see the flop which equals a more likely suckout, especially when multiple villains call. So don't do this, ever! Preflop on the micros always raise to 4xBB + 1BB per limper with any hand you feel is strong enough to raise with from your position (this is covered in the basic strategy articles).

On the flop since there is a potential draw out there you have to raise bigger for protection + value because right now you are crushing every other hand but can be outdrawn by the flush (though you have the redrawn to the nut fullhouse). I would go with 85% or more, this large amount dissuades the flush draw from calling when you are oop and you want that (always) because this becomes a very tough spot on the turn if it arrives. Any line taken on the the turn when a diamond come is tough, a check and you get a tough decision a bet and you get a tough decision there or on the river.

For each proceeding street, a bet to 3/4 pot or more is much better because it allows you to get the most value from your hand. You have $4.83 left in your stack on the flop and you want to value bet + protect the hell out of this spot so that by the river you can get it all in with decent odds for worse hands to call. If he outdraws you that sucks but this is the correct play and in the long run you will come out ahead.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Like magnus said, bet bigger on every street. I'd bet like $0.8 on the river just so I don't show I'm afraid of that :diamond: . I'd fold after that raise, the bet you made is to prevent him from bluffing and to prevent him from making a big bet. Since he raised you, you can assume he has the flush.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello qnb07,

Flop: I'd bet bigger here, ~$0,30+.

As played if was Bet smaller
      Turn: Here I'd also Bet a bit bigger, ~$0,60. And in case he decides to raise us big or anything then I'd even consider giving it up, unless we get great odds to Call.

As played if turn was Bet smaller
      River: Likely as you did, Block-Bet/Fold, we just don't beat much there.

Best regards.