fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.40) 5:heart: A:heart: K:diamond:

SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($2.40) 5:heart: A:heart: K:diamond: 9:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.40) 5:heart: A:heart: K:diamond: 9:spade: 9:heart:

SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Unknown

On flop don't know - it might be a bluff so I call.

On turn - pot control.

River - I should give up I guess. He might be bluffing, because I did not show strength on turn, but I should try to know him first.
  • 3 replies
    • ExMagnusxL
      ExMagnusxL
      Bronze
      Pre flop:

In the BB with AJo in your hand and a min raise steal from the SB it is a good idea to 3-bet, to protect your blind, to at least 3xBet so $0.60. If he re-raises you good fold, if he calls re-evaluate on flop, if he folds awesome! +2BB.

Flop:

As played raise his overbet its either a bluff or a very strong hand and we need to find out, you have position and a medium strong hand so raise to ~$3. If he reraises good fold, if he calls try to see a cheap SD as long as if he continues to bet (could consider folding if you feel too weak) otherwise raise the turn because he could easily have the FD and wants to see the river cheap, if he folds awesome! +12BB

If you had raised preflop and he called and then donked like that its a very weird bluffy line and a raise would be in order. I'd put him on an under pair maybe KhJh or some such. Sometimes he will wake up with a set, 2 pair, etc here so watch out, if he seems too eager to get his money in the pot it might be a good idea to fold.

If you had raised preflop and he checked to you on the flop value bet and protect your hand, an overbet would be good since the pot is so small ~$0.60+ continue to value bet and protect down to the river.

Turn:

As played do not check behind here as he is likely trying to see a cheap river on a FD bet like $2+.

River:

As played do not call instead fold, obvious FD is obvious.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      His bet on the flop is bluff, FD or Ax imo. You don't want him to bluff you again, and Ax and FD will probably call again, so raise/fold flop probably is better.

As played I only see a busted GS, pure bluff or flush doing that. But he betted big on the flop and river, so if the big bet on the flop was a bluff, since he keeps doing a big bet, it may be still a bluff on the river. If the big bet on the flop was something, your AJ may still be good. This is only speculation though...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: I'd prefer to 3bet here against such a min-raise.

As played
      Flop: Likely Calling the flop is the best since we don't want to face a 3bet.
      Turn: Also the same goes for turn, we don't want to face a Check/Raise or anything like that, rather just let him induce bluff on river again.
      River: And I'd also Call here, he still may have any kind of bluff hands, since we induce with our Check behind on turn him to bluff.

Best regards.