STT's Regular vs Turbo

• variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      I have been playing the regular 9-man sit en go's for a while now. Took a shot at the turbo ones sometimes aswell.

What I want to know:

-Why do you play regular/turbo
      -What do you think are the differences
      -Which adjustments do you make when playing one of the two and why
  • 2 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yvonnejansen
      I have been playing the regular 9-man sit en go's for a while now. Took a shot at the turbo ones sometimes aswell.

What I want to know:

-Why do you play regular/turbo
      -What do you think are the differences
      -Which adjustments do you make when playing one of the two and why
      it's the same only faster :)

I play turbo's cuz I can get more hourly $$$ and increase volume to reduce variance.
      Differences are obviously the speed. Regulars are also easier so high roi is achievable although i think I can state it as a known fact that the best turbo players will always make more $$$ an hour than the best players playing regular speed..
      There aren't really any adjustments I would make to my game.. Being good in the early stages and middle stages will help you a bit more in the regulars since more % of the tourney happens there..
      While on the turbos push or fold game is more valuable...

but it's the same.. just slower structure...
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You don't get the same decisions faster. You get different stack depths on the bubble in regular speed versus turbos. You need to know how to handle a resteal stack near the bubble of a regular tournament, but in a turbo you usually have an open-pushing stack.