This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

STT's Regular vs Turbo

• variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      I have been playing the regular 9-man sit en go's for a while now. Took a shot at the turbo ones sometimes aswell.

What I want to know:

-Why do you play regular/turbo
      -What do you think are the differences
      -Which adjustments do you make when playing one of the two and why
  • 2 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yvonnejansen
      I have been playing the regular 9-man sit en go's for a while now. Took a shot at the turbo ones sometimes aswell.

What I want to know:

-Why do you play regular/turbo
      -What do you think are the differences
      -Which adjustments do you make when playing one of the two and why
      it's the same only faster :)

I play turbo's cuz I can get more hourly $$$ and increase volume to reduce variance.
      Differences are obviously the speed. Regulars are also easier so high roi is achievable although i think I can state it as a known fact that the best turbo players will always make more $$$ an hour than the best players playing regular speed..
      There aren't really any adjustments I would make to my game.. Being good in the early stages and middle stages will help you a bit more in the regulars since more % of the tourney happens there..
      While on the turbos push or fold game is more valuable...

but it's the same.. just slower structure...
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You don't get the same decisions faster. You get different stack depths on the bubble in regular speed versus turbos. You need to know how to handle a resteal stack near the bubble of a regular tournament, but in a turbo you usually have an open-pushing stack.