NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($187)
      BB ($49.30)
      UTG ($32.15)
      UTG+1 ($83.15)
      Hero ($64.20)
      BTN ($50)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: A:club:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.75) K:heart: Q:club: 6:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3.20, UTG calls $3.20

TURN ($11.15) K:heart: Q:club: 6:heart: J:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $7.50, UTG calls $7.50

RIVER ($26.15) K:heart: Q:club: 6:heart: J:club: 2:heart:

UTG bets $9, Hero raises to $51.50 (AI)

I just entered the realm of NL50 for the first time so I have no sample on aynbody yet, though so far villain had pretty tight stats.

But looking at his stack size & limp-calling UTG ... probably fish ...
      Not used to stack sizes@50 yet, but looking at it now, I guess it's a bad shove coz most fish ain't folding anything with that little left behind.

But if we were full stacks and against some (semi)regular ...
      This would be okay?

Don't know exactly what to think of the l/c pre ...
      but post the best he can have is two pair or str8 which is blockbetting the river and should fold to a shove?
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I play this limit so let me know if you want to sweat sometime. I have 13 hands on you already. Mwaaahaaahhaa!

So once villain invested 2/3 of his starting stack by the river he shouldnt (and you shouldnt expect him to) fold anything to your shove. When you shove he has to call his last $10.45 for a pot of $45.6 so he is getting 4.5:1.

This looks like classic fish drawing to me. He check/c 2 streets, hits draw on river and then donks because he is frightened you will check behind.

Flop is fine. Turn is interesting. Betting again is fine since we pick up g/shot and flush draw, but you could also ch/b to take a free card since turn card connects with many hands he called on flop so he is often not folding. The other problem with betting turn is sometimes he can check/shove and then we have a disgusting decision cos we have a boat load of eQuity...

Shoving the river with full stacks is high variance. You only rep a flush, so even KQ may look you up (not that many regs will limp/call that pre...)

GL
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Yeah, as soon as I shoved ... I looked at his stack and said "fuck" to myself :tongue:

What's ur nick@FT?

Anyway, yeah we can sweat sometime ... I took a shot @NL50 yesterday for the first time, ended up +1BI ....

Today has been a sick rollercoaster ... as we all know, moveup = runbad :f_biggrin:
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I PM'd you.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      problem is that he isn´t really making smt like 2$, that he would mostly fold to raise. Once he put in 9$, he won´t really fold to call it off 11$ imo with any pair, so I don´t really like your shove since imo you have no or very little fold equity