[NL2-NL10] NL2: AJ (s) in postflop on how to play? I was in a disadvantaged position, there is no initiative

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $1.11
      SB:
      $1.77
      BB (Hero):
      $2.37
      MP3:
      $8.47
      CO:
      $1.27

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) 4, 7, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.29) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.29) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $0.29.

preflop: MP position player raises, in my BB position, hole cards are AJ (s), is a better call? Or 3bet he is quite good?
      Opponents of the data is 35.7/8.04/112/2.43 (vpip / PFR / HANDS / AF), BB/100 to 77.68

I understand the opponents of data, he raises the range is relatively narrow

Plus he is filling in the middle, that he has a card edge, so I did not resist, just call

I would like to ask is, with opponents of the data, I should 3bet or call it?

flop: I hit the A, and a good kicker, I chose to check, I would like to ask the teacher: This donk bet better, or check / call relatively good?

turn: I check, and do not know good or bad bet? I always afraid of my opponent's cards better than

river: I feel like I should be able to bet what the opponent has a turn on the weakness

Thank you
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wangwei520,

I would like to ask is, with opponents of the data, I should 3bet or call it?

According his PFR his range is pretty narrow, therefore I am not really a big fan of 3betting against him, for the given reason that we ain't going broke against him. Therefore I'd rather play against him postflop or just fold it directly.

flop: I hit the A, and a good kicker, I chose to check, I would like to ask the teacher: This donk bet better, or check / call relatively good?

Actually having some kind of drawy board, I'd rather prefer to donk out myself here.

turn: I check, and do not know good or bad bet? I always afraid of my opponent's cards better than

As played, yes likely Checking is better, we don't want to face a raise.

river: I feel like I should be able to bet what the opponent has a turn on the weakness

Since he did show weakness by Checking on turn, I'd rather make a small value-bet here.

Best regards.