[NL2-NL10] NL2: AQ (o) did not hit on the flop cards, face rival small donkbet, how to play?

• wangwei520
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 7, 7, 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.36, SB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.9) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.9) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.9.

flop: a third of a rival donk bet the pot size, time, how can I do ah? fold? call? Or raise it? At that time, I chose to raise, the purpose is to make opponents fold, bet only a third of opponents feel the pot, card was not strong, is likely to be air ah. Now, however, want to come, call should be the better play, if you raise, the cards than I would not go weak in the cards than I immediately ran away, not a + EV play, and call it, although the loss of a preflop raise brought me my initiative, but one, it can be put in smaller pot control lines, two, it can be cheaper to the next street to see the turn card can hit high
      Do not know if my thinking makes sense?

turn: opponents Check, I should bet or check behind it? Now I feel listening to the same opponents in the flower looks like, opponents FLOP donk bet on a small note, and then just call one of our big raise, there is no flower in turn, when they check out. If, as I said it, I should be winning a showdown over the opponent's ah, this time, I bet in the end of the check or do? let opponents know that my check on the flop raise is probably a bluff, bet, then, I continue to bluff, and it may lose more money!

river: an opponent one-eighth of the pot note, I feel like a trap injection, then, that I did not become a license to throw away, and now want to come, should call, after all, the pot is so big , ah well more than the success or failure

I do not know whether the idea of these shallow right ah?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello wangwei520,

Flop: With Calling we just don't find out anything and often such min-donks are very weak and the tend to fold to a raise, therefore I'd rather prefer to raise it here or just fold.

As played
      Turn: As the opponent Called us on flop then I'd rather just Check behind since he will often also Call the turn Bet when we do that. Therefore just Check behind as you did.
      River: Just fold it, he likely has a hand, ain't worth investing the money, unless you want to know with what he did play this way.

Best regards.