This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2,: Ax (o) on the preflop play?

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $3.01
      BB:
      $1.56
      MP3:
      $1.52
      CO (Hero):
      $2.00
      BU:
      $5.38

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, 5.
      Hero posts deadblind, MP3 folds, Hero checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) A, 9, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.03, Hero calls $0.03, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.12) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.12.

preflop: Ax (o) in the CO position should raise 4BB it? Theory should be to raise, but, I always worried about my kicker too small, and different flowers, in a post-flop A, is always to win a small pot, lost the big pot , it is not worth! The teacher does not know how you think: no one in front of LIMP, in the CO position Ax (o) filling the play is + EV it?

flop: BB bets half the pot size, I should call with it? At the time, I think the opponents may have A, of course, there may just be the air, so I chose with the note, look how he played under the street? If the next street and continue to bet, I may have to fold, if it had a license, I'll bet, do not know how to here with the note?

turn: my way, opponents have cards, I bet, win the pot directly
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wangwei520,

Preflop: Since I posted the dead-blind I'd rather raise such hand also. More effective, sometimes even we take the pot down without seeing postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Yeah, your play is likely fine. You also protect from any kind of draw on turn.

Best regards.