$12.37

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 5.
      4 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.2) 6, 7, J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.2) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.4) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $8.38, SB calls $7.88.

Final Pot: $17.16.
      Results follow:

SB shows a straight, jack high(T 9).
      Hero shows three of a kind, sixs(6 5).

SB wins with a straight, jack high(T 9).

So basicly I saw an opening beacuse that player calls pretty much everything and he prolly had something. But i was confident enought with my set of sixes to beat whatever he could have. However then he shows T9 and takes the pot.
      I really didnt think he had straight because raise 0.5 wasnt anything big. Did he do it beacause he wasnt sure enought if i would call anything higher?
  • 3 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi ryuuu!

Preflop: Raise preflop! Do not let him see cheap flops like this... raise him something like $0.4. Nice LAGish add on to your game to implement.

Flop: POT Bet flop, you have pair and weak FD. You may expect take it down here most of the time.

Turn: Call is fine, now some hands completed (T9 str8, T8 pair, 98 pair, 87 two pair) some other hands gained equity - but most of them would bet flop.

River: He over bets river, you have weak trip. If you raise soooooooo biiiiiiig you cannot expect be called by worse here and only str8, flushes and FHs will find call to such big raise. If he calls really light, you can try go for something like $1.5-2. That gives enough space to fold to shove and get value from 2 pair hands. Even str8 could not shove over your river raise.

Regards

Funktor
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ryuuu,

And welcome to the forum! Good to see new names posting. :)

Preflop: Depends on your style and also on the opponent. And of course your postflop skills. If you are more tighter guy and trying to play for more like easier decisions then I don't even mind to just Check behind here if the opponent is some station. But definitely it's considerable to raise it up here and make him fold, what even is often times the case that they limp with some weak hand and then fold to the raise.

As played
      Flop: As we were in freeplay pot and he now checks into us, you can very often take down the pot by Betting yourself. Therefore I'd even consider betting here.

As played if flop was Checked
      Turn: As we didn't want to Bet the flop then doesn't make sense to continue on turn either, rather just fold it. There is no point fighting over such a pot, and often times a lot of hands beat us by now with he is Betting against us. Just fold.

As played if turn was Called
      River: Doesn't really make sense to raise it here actually, since it's a freeplay they aren't willing to pay that easily and more often with a very strong hand will pay us off, it's very thin value against very loose opponents on who we have reads that are capable of Calling light. But I'd rather just Call such a overbet rather than just raise with our trips.

Best regards.
    • ryuuu
      ryuuu
      Gold
      Originally posted by funktor
      Hi ryuuu!

Preflop: Raise preflop! Do not let him see cheap flops like this... raise him something like $0.4. Nice LAGish add on to your game to implement.

Flop: POT Bet flop, you have pair and weak FD. You may expect take it down here most of the time.

Turn: Call is fine, now some hands completed (T9 str8, T8 pair, 98 pair, 87 two pair) some other hands gained equity - but most of them would bet flop.

River: He over bets river, you have weak trip. If you raise soooooooo biiiiiiig you cannot expect be called by worse here and only str8, flushes and FHs will find call to such big raise. If he calls really light, you can try go for something like $1.5-2. That gives enough space to fold to shove and get value from 2 pair hands. Even str8 could not shove over your river raise.

Regards

Funktor
      Ye i kinda felt like i was really overbeting, but this guy was really calling pretty much everything so i was like : hey! prehaps i get lucky and he will call again :P

And thanks a lot for evaluation!! I will try to put more agression earlier :)