$4
      UTG2:
      $2.24
      MP3:
      $3.96
      Hero:
      $4.16

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5:heart: , 5:diamond:
      UTG2 raises to $0.16, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.66) K:diamond: , T:club: , 5:spade: (4 players)
      BB bets $0.12, UTG2 raises to $0.50, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.72, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $2.08 (All-In), Hero calls $0.36.

Turn: ($4.94) J:spade:
      River: ($4.94) T:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.94

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (As Ks)
      Hero shows a full-house, fives full of tens (5h 5d)

Hero wins with a full-house, fives full of tens (5h 5d)

How much should I raise here on the flop? Was a bit unsure.

And whats the general rule for raising postflop regarding sizing?

Thanks very much for all the feedback.
  • 3 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Jeffers16!

Flop: You have very strong hand and board is quite dry. At this point you are either way ahead (to single 2 pair hands) or way behind (KKK, TTT). It is unlikely that UTG has QJ hand, maybe BB. So I would prefer just flat the UTG raise here and hope that BB will stay in hand as well. Your flat might look like KQ, KJ hand or something like that.

In case BB would decide to re-raise your flat or go all-in you are putting your money in on flop.

Turn: If you just flat, POT is going to be $1.6-$2.1 and you can either reshove UTG / BB bet your self on turn (and hoping that 2 more players will get their money in) or set UTG all-in your self in case he decides just check-call it.

Regards

Funktor
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

I'd add that this ain't a way ahead/way behind situation actually. Since the BB is showing a lot of weakness actually with his min-bet and when it would be way behind/way ahead situation then you rather prefer to take Check behind on turn rather than shoving or whatsoever every time. Because if you would be in way ahead/way behind situation you had to play cautiously since you don't know that you are ahead but in this situation, more often I see ourself being ahead of UTG and likely I would also go broke against him. But of course sometimes it's better to just slowplay your set on such board to let BB catch something also, but either it ain't wrong if you just raise it there. By raising you will just represent a very strong hand and that's the only problem, and we aren't sure if BB is going to Call us with any kind of draw or either weaker Kx.

Best regards.
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz,

I did not want to sound that this hand is way head/way behind situation. Unfortunate use of words :( . As my american friend says - always helps to be native speaker.

Our hand is big favorite over his whole range.

Funktor