This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - Flush on flop

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      €0.05/€0.10 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG elCIGALITA (€5.32)
      CO DrunkenHorseYEP (€10)
      BTN Ill4betYouaTON (€10)
      SB Hero (€14.19)
      BB CoolGerila (€10)

Pre-Flop: (€0.15, 5 players) Hero is SB J:diamond: 9:diamond:
      elCIGALITA calls €0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls €0.05, CoolGerila checks

Flop: 5:diamond: 2:diamond: 7:diamond: (€0.30, 3 players)
      Hero bets €0.20, CoolGerila folds, elCIGALITA raises to €0.60, Hero calls or raises ?(

I guess he could have FD, 7x, overpair or flush. If he has FD re-raise is better, if he has flush it doesn't matter. If he has 7x or OP, call and donk turn is better?
  • 3 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Tosh5457!

I am just flatting his raise on flop. Your 3-bet here will push out any overpairs and single pair hands + . Even if 4 hit with J you would be quite ok.

If he-is moderately aggressive I would just let him bet it for me on turn and reshove. As he is short, he might call even FD here.

Funktor
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Ok, I went all-in and he called with a lower flush.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

I actually like 3betting there on flop for the given reason:
      1) We will be OOP against him, hard to extract value.
      2) With our plan to Check/Raise then turn, he could easily Check behind with his A high FD with he could still go broke on flop.
      3) Also against his stack and more often I think he would go broke there anyway, since such stacks when they decide to raise then they are not very likely go fold it anyway.

Therefore overall, I see going broke on flop much better and we get a lot more value by that than slowplaying and giving away free cards, what could easily kill our action when there another :diamond: arrives.

Best regards.