[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - Call all-in w/ 2nd pair?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      £0.05/£0.10 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG xXstevie62 (£2.81)
      UTG+1 calbeth (£3.13)
      CO Hero (£10)
      BTN MrRoll13 (£9)
      SB ImSry4u (£10.18)
      BB BAKINGSTON (£5.26)

Pre-Flop: (£0.15, 6 players) Hero is CO 10:heart: A:spade:
      xXstevie62 calls £0.10, calbeth raises to £0.20, Hero raises to £0.60, 3 folds, xXstevie62 calls £0.50, calbeth calls £0.40

Flop: 8:club: 10:spade: Q:heart: (£1.95, 3 players)
      xXstevie62 checks, calbeth checks, Hero bets £1.30, xXstevie62 folds, calbeth goes all-in £2.53, Hero calls ?(

Pot odds of almost 5:1. Unlikely he has worse than Qx? Maybe I shouldn't bet, because I'm vs 2 and there are some draws...
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting it? Does he fold enough to our 3bet that you picked such a line? Of course it's doable but we also have to have a reason to do that. Otherwise wouldn't be wrong if we just fold such hand to avoid any further mistakes postflop.

As played
      Flop: For what are you calculating the pot odds? Just Bet/Fold there, we ain't beating much after he decides to pick such a line. Unless we have a very good reason to continue but often times we wont.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting it? Does he fold enough to our 3bet that you picked such a line? Of course it's doable but we also have to have a reason to do that. Otherwise wouldn't be wrong if we just fold such hand to avoid any further mistakes postflop.

As played
      Flop: For what are you calculating the pot odds? Just Bet/Fold there, we ain't beating much after he decides to pick such a line. Unless we have a very good reason to continue but often times we wont.

Best regards.
      I 3betted because he just did a minraise, and often I think I'm ahead with ATo
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

As played

Best regards.
      I 3betted because he just did a minraise, and often I think I'm ahead with ATo
      Yeah, I totally agree with your thoughts but often times the problem with such player is also that he is very loose and will often even Call our 3bet. Therefore I'd rather know the opponent also how he does play postflop and how easily we can get rid of him even if we miss.

There are just such players who tend to go to showdown with any kind of crap, even with K high or bottom pair or whatsoever, against them we just don't have any kind of fold equity at all. And overall it will be hard to play against them when we don't hit, since we will never know where we stand.

Otherwise against some opponents who are willing to leave the pot for us very often and they tend more often to fold to a CBet when they don't hit, against them very good idea to 3bet.

Just the problem is also for example if he decides to 4bet us? Maybe he even is such a guy who likes to min-raise and stuff. We could just put ourself into difficult decisions and put into mistakes. For example Calling his minraise preflp and then being in a big pot and afterwards hit our Ace or whatsoever.

I'd rather pick a bit stronger hand for 3betting such kind of opponents, but of course it's doable if you have a good reason behind the 3bet.