Free money Full tilt academy

• Alexportland
      Alexportland
      Bronze
      Hi All,

Might be stating the obvious here but....

If you play on full tilt and haven't already, go in to the Full Tilt academy and turn on a challenge. You don't need to read the lessons or do anything, you don't even really need to look at what challenge you have turned on, just select one and leave it. Check back after a session - if you play standard solid poker you will probably find you have completed the challenge without even knowing in 300 or so hands.....

I did it yesterday, I only play NL2 but in about 600 hands I have gained enough Full Tilt Academy points to get a stage 2 tournament ticket worth about $9!

I can't see a downside - apart from it has given me a badge on my profile thing - but I think it is a good thing because it makes you look like an ultra chode and I think that table image works in my favour.
  • 21 replies
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alexportland

I can't see a downside - apart from it has given me a badge on my profile thing - but I think it is a good thing because it makes you look like an ultra chode and I think that table image works in my favour.

hahahahahahahhahahahaah
    • klinikatrstenik
      klinikatrstenik
      Bronze
      What was the challange?
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Originally posted by klinikatrstenik
      What was the challange?
      get dealt at least two cards
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      You can turn badges off, by my opinion stockpile FTPA points to spend them on cash bonus for more total rakeback.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by macounpa
      You can turn badges off, by my opinion stockpile FTPA points to spend them on cash bonus for more total rakeback.
      Don't you get your bonus amount counted out of your net rake, thus reducing the rakeback?
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      read the rakeback faq: a link is at the top of this section. As for the bonus buying... I have heared it is better for your rakeback if you buy FTP points with your FTPA points. Then buy tournament tokens with them points, not sure tho!
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      imo bonus + rakeback is definitely better than rakeback alone.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I agree the FTAP's are a useful feature, allowing you to increase your return from playing a little.

Which challenge were you playing, I have been completing Sit & Go's by the numbers repeatedly, and while this has been an efficient way to gain points while playing SnG's it didn't gain me 1500+ FTAP's in 600 hands.
    • Alexportland
      Alexportland
      Bronze
      I play ring games,

The challenge I have been doing is "6 common hold 'em leaks"

The challenges are something like:

Raise 3x BB with AA, AK, KK, QQ
      Fold with AT, TT, QJ where someone has raised in front of you
      Raise pre flop and win pot post flop without hitting your hand
      Make a profit from 3 sessions of 60 hands or more
      Open fold pre flop Ax where x is 9 or lower

I play very basic poker so it is all stuff I do anyway,

I have completed it 5 times now (you can do them up to 9 times) and got 400 points every time.

Once you have enough points (5000 I think) you can exchange them 1:1 for FTPs

I'm not sure what the best way to use them is but I am just stockpiling them at the moment and enjoying watching them go up about 8x faster than my FTPs.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dwyt84
      imo bonus + rakeback is definitely better than rakeback alone.
      This :s_thumbsup:

Don't get too hung up on loss of rakeback, as dwyt84 says you will only ever lose a small proportion and it's to stop double-discounting. You will always end up in the long run.

Quick Summary (subject to change):
      Buying tournament tickets with Academy credits or Ironman medals shouldn't affect your RB, but bought with FTP would.
      Bonuses bought will be deducted from your net earned balance as you clear them.

I used to grind out the Academy challenges regularly and it's a good way to get additional free bonus/tokens etc.

Best regards,

Bart
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      also you can complete every single challenge 10 times... not 9!
    • Alexportland
      Alexportland
      Bronze
      Does anyone know if you can use FTPA points to buy tournament tickets, then exchange the ticket for tournament $ and then exchange that for real $ to use in cash games?

I know you can do that with tournament tickets won in other tournaments (5% charge I think)

I'd just rather have the cash in my bankroll rather than tournament entry.
    • Alexportland
      Alexportland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yvonnejansen
      also you can complete every single challenge 10 times... not 9!
      Yep, my bad. I just got mixed up because the first time I completed it said 'you can run this challenge 9 more times) - but obviously that make a total of 10 :(
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      quick question.. will the FTPA Full ring challenge work with RUSH poker Full Ring?
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      bump
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      yea it works, because it meets the player dealt and game type conditions
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      I play Rush, I play a lot of hands, but my progress at FTPA is 0%, whichever challenge I pick. It worked some time ago with some challenges though, so I think it depends on actual challenge.
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      yes, check the challenge info to make sure if it works with rush tables..
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zamoda
      yes, check the challenge info to make sure if it works with rush tables..
      The problem is that there's no info if the challenge is "Rush friendly". You can only see if it's good for cash games, and if yes, you still have to check about Rush by playing it.