FLOP ($0.95) 2:diamond: 5:heart: 9:club:

Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60

TURN ($2.15) 2:diamond: 5:heart: 9:club: K:club:

Hero bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

RIVER ($4.35) 2:diamond: 5:heart: 9:club: K:club: 3:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.60, Hero folds

BTN wins $4.14

69/16/1.6 51 hand

Turn - I don't want to be floated with made hand and K is good card for bluffs so I barrel again. As he called flop, doesn't mean he was ahead.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Yeah totally fine on such board to 2nd barrel with K on turn but more often I would pick the opponents against who I am picking such a line. For example they aren't that loose as this one and a station, who is capable of calling down light.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      who is capable of calling down light.

But he calls very light, with worse hands than pair of 77 then it is also good, I win money from him. I don't expect him to fold 9x on turn, I just assumed he doesn't have very often it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      who is capable of calling down light.

But he calls very light, with worse hands than pair of 77 then it is also good, I win money from him. I don't expect him to fold 9x on turn, I just assumed he doesn't have very often it.
      By calling down light I was point out at the 9x. And therefore I'd rather have an overpair there myself for example TT or something similar.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      There is no reason to barrel against this opponent I think with your hand. He's not going to recognise that the K could affect your range. He is going to continue with 9x, 66+, floated, Kx, and maybe some turned flush draws + pair. I'd just check and hope to get to showdown
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      There is no reason to barrel against this opponent I think with your hand. He's not going to recognise that the K could affect your range. He is going to continue with 9x, 66+, floated, Kx, and maybe some turned flush draws + pair. I'd just check and hope to get to showdown
      VPIP is overall only for preflop anyways and you can't play according to that, WTS is the real value which says how often he does go to showdown and for the given reason I don't see why it should be profitable to 2nd barrel. Often times even such loose opponents may appear to find the K be scarecard if they have some overcards or any kind of draw.

There are still hand like Ax, any king of draw, 2x, 5x and small PPs from which we get value, and only 9x and likely floated Kx beats us not. Of course sets too but that's what we are trying to find out where we stand.

He could easily have there a hand like A4, which made a straight on river, against I see value. And as I mentioned already, that of course it's safer to just Check and do that not all. But if you continue playing like that against everyone like only 1barrel and then hope to get folded every time then you will just loose money in long run. Nowdays opponents are much more harder to play against, they are floating a lot more and doesn't matter if the player is bad or good. Everyone is capable. Sometimes you even have to 3barrel against some opponents. But that all those kind of moves come with reads and that's why I also mentioned that I'd rather pick an opponent we know and know him capable of folding there.