This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 99

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.77)
      BB ($10.10)
      UTG ($6.82)
      Hero ($10.31)
      CO ($34.68)
      BTN ($9)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: 9:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.15) 5:diamond: 4:club: J:spade:

UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($3.15) 5:diamond: 4:club: J:spade: 2:spade:

UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

RIVER ($6.15) 5:diamond: 4:club: J:spade: 2:spade: 2:diamond:

UTG bets $3.82 (AI), Hero calls $3.82

68/28/14 28 hands

I had a hand in which he donks flop big and I folded. Now I decided to call and reeavluate. As turn and river are blank, I call them as well.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop I might raise to $0.4 to give yourself a bit more room postflop (bigger stack to pot ratio) - even though 9's is good enough to isolate.

Not sure if I would call down here - he's likely not going to fire 3 streets with total air even if he is a fish. If I had TPGK/overpair then I would call down - since fish sometimes play Jx like this.

I would call the flop but then when he fires again on the turn I am going to fold because when you call the turn if he bets the river you gotta call again most of time - and I just don't see yourself being ahead enough to call down.

Hope it helps.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

I'd actually like to mention out that I'd rather fold it on flop if I am going to fold rather than anywhere else. And if I am going to Call flop then likely Call it till end but the problem is that we have to have a read on him to make such Calls profitable but of course it's doable.

Best regards.