[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR, 44 + flop play

• 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      CO is very loose and passive player. He almost always calls every raise and limps every hand.

MP2 is very tight (could be because he is short stacked).

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5
      MP2:
      $1.5
      CO:
      $3.74

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:heart: , 4:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.17, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.17, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.53) 4:club: , 3:heart: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.5, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

After having my reads above, does the size of my 3-bet here made any sense? or should it just be ~1.75-2.00? I was a bit concerned that CO might have a draw since he has a wide range of hands.

Final Pot: $2.03
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi

You should note you only get just about 17:1 including pot odds and implied odds vs MP2 - but since he is short he will stack off with a wide range and since you get fishy calling station CO in there it's likely fine.

On flop I raise to like $1.8 just to induce more calls - since $2.5 is pretty big raise. Either way if they put their money in at $1.8 or $2.5 they are losing if they are on a draw. Sure it means he calls a bit more - and so hits a draw more - but it makes you more money in the long run. And as poker players all we are concerned with is making the most EV out of every situation.

Hoep it helps.
    • 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Yes, this do help. I'll keep it in mind.
      Thank you for your insight! :D