This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AQs, + flop, turn, river play

• 36bullets
      36bullets
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $8.47
      MP2:
      $9.81

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

I was facing a weak-ish raise. Should I just fold here?

Flop: ($0.87) A:diamond: , K:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40.

As played, should I lead out and bet all streets? I was second-guessing if I should donk-bet here because I might be behind.

Turn: ($1.67) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.66, Hero calls $0.66.

River: ($2.99) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $2.99

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Qc)
      MP2 shows (Ks Qs)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ac Qc)
  • 1 reply
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop I guess you can't really fold but you should play wearily postflop if he shows agression on like more than one street and you just have a pair.

On flop I think ch/call is fine. On turn I also prefer to ch/call - let him either valuebet worse or bluff at you. (It's less likely he has AK now since K came on the flop). When he bets so small I am going to just call again because I just see no value in raising.

On river you could think about donk/folding since his turn bet looks pretty weakish but I still expect him to often have a pair on this kind of board so maybe bet out $1.5 to try and get a call from AJ etc.

Hope it helps.

Also please don't post results.