NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.52)
      BB ($3.08)
      UTG ($6.27)
      UTG+1 ($4.81)
      CO ($5.10)
      BTN ($3.06)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.30, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.90

FLOP ($2.80) 6:club: T:diamond: K:club:

Hero bets $1.40, UTG+1 calls $1.40

TURN ($5.60) 6:club: T:diamond: K:club: 7:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.40, Hero raises to $2.80, UTG+1 calls $0.71 (AI)

RIVER ($9.82) 6:club: T:diamond: K:club: 7:heart: 4:club:

37/18/2 57 hands

I check turn and let him bluff. How do you think is he doing that often? Or I am beat after he calls flop?
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think I can ch/fold vs his turn bet here. If he shoves I am more likely to call since I think people often would just shove a (semi)bluff rather than make this stupid betsize.

Since his range is likely strong preflop you could consider 3bing to a slightly larger size $1.5-$1.6 and hoping to get stacks in there. Or if not you have just over a potsized bet left so you could just shove any flop except AKx - which I would just check/fold on.

Hope it helps.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Flop: One thing what I often use in such situations is that I take a look at the opponents betting patterns. For example if you think of yourself, what kind of hands would continue here? Of course a lot of pairs, would do that but often times also any kind of draw maybe? But the other view would also be that would he Bet into us when he doesn't have a hand and has only that less left. Those kind of players who doesn't have much left they usually just Check behind such hands with they miss and don't try to bluff or anything like that. Also for example if I would hit this kind of board for example with AK, I'd rather Check and let him bet into us than Bet ourself in. Therefore I'd even consider just Checking here and take a look what kind of actions does the opponent take. Often times near potsize bets do mean that they have the Kx, since they aren't just risking with their money with worse to get it in, and I'd rather just Check/Fold it. Against some smaller bets, I'd decide accordingly, sometimes if I feel that that the opponent doesn't have any kind of hand there, more often just overcards I get it in. Hopefully you did understand my point of view from that long text. :D If you have any questions, you are welcome to ask.

As played
      Turn: I don't think that he is going to bluff this way very often by betting smaller, more often he is Betting for value here. As mentioned already that he is taking such a line more often with a TP or something similar rather than as a bluff. Bluff would more often shove directly to gain maximum fold equity. Therefore you could even consider Check/Folding here, although time to time he might come up with some GS+overcards type of hand here.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I guess I understand :)