[NL2-NL10] NL 100 SH KK IP multiway, A on the flop versus a mini donk bet

• sueliznt
      sueliznt
      Bronze
      I really think Im playing way too weak tight... How should be a standard response against an unknown who makes such a weak donk bet on a spot like this? rr/f? call? just fold?
      Obs: the BB had disconected after the SB bet

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $342.16
      Hero:
      $143.58
      MP3:
      $68.40

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , K:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $2.00, CO folds, Hero raises to $8.00, SB calls $7.50, BB calls $7.00, MP3 calls $6.00.

Flop: ($32.00) 9:club: , A:heart: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $6, 2 folds.

Turn: ($38.00) 2:spade:
      River: ($38.00) T:club:

Final Pot: $38.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows [ Th, Qd ] a pair of Tens
      BB shows [ 8c, Jc ] a straight Seven to Jack
      SB wins $6 USD with a pair of Tens.
      BB wins $29.90 USD with a straight, Seven to Jack.
  • 6 replies
    • sueliznt
      sueliznt
      Bronze
      Im posting another hand because they are both similars. This one I called villains mini bet.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $55.31
      Hero:
      $110.76
      CO:
      $74.22
      MP2:
      $33.98

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , K:heart:
      MP2 calls $1.00, Hero raises to $5.00, CO calls $5.00, BU calls $5.00, 2 folds, MP2 calls $4.00.

Flop: ($21.50) A:club: , 8:spade: , 4:club: (4 players)
      MP2 bets $3, Hero calls $3.00, CO calls $3.00, BU folds.

Turn: ($30.50) 4:heart: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($30.50) 3:spade: (3 players)
      MP2 bets $3, Hero calls $3.00, CO calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $39.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ Kc, Kh ] two pairs, Kings and Fours
      CO shows [ 8c, Tc ] two pairs, Eights and Fours
      MP2 shows [ Ah, Qh ] two pairs, Aces and Fours
      MP2 wins $37.03 USD with two pairs, Aces and Fours.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      reraise both hands. Make a continuationbet of 2/3 pot. They could still put you on ak...
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      in the 1st one i think an ace wont fold if you raise and is likely for one of them to have the ace in the 2nd one the same ... but you have to call
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aanty2000
      in the 1st one i think an ace wont fold if you raise and is likely for one of them to have the ace in the 2nd one the same ... but you have to call
      calling doesn't give you any information. They often have pocketpairs in these situation, thats why i would make a cont bet.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      These smalish donk bets are typically made by hands that want information or try to draw cheaply (sometimes they are also made by monsters to trap you). I'd just make a "normal" continuation bet - if he has something, he'll call or reraise but typically you get the pot. Calling is bad - you would never call with an ace, so you gave your opponents the information they want.
    • sueliznt
      sueliznt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      These smalish donk bets are typically made by hands that want information or try to draw cheaply (sometimes they are also made by monsters to trap you). I'd just make a "normal" continuation bet - if he has something, he'll call or reraise but typically you get the pot. Calling is bad - you would never call with an ace, so you gave your opponents the information they want.
      So you think even on a multiway pot the best move is to make a Cbet on this spot then?