This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [50/SH] Good hand oop

• hova
      hova
      Silver
      CO: $20.00
      BTN: $18.45
      SB: $11.00
      BB: $96.65
      Hero (UTG): $36.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with Q:spade: J:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 2:spade: 6:spade: A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN (snap)calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ???

Bad card for me, but his flop snapcalling range is worse than Ax. Meaning if I was in position I could checkbehind and call Q, J rivers without spade against semibluffing 6x,77-TT/JJ and busted flushdraws. Villain has already stacked me 100bb deep with a turned straight vs my set (he went on to lose it all to the BB), thus i guess he won't be bluffraising too much. But if I do not improve I have to check/fold most rivers.
      I check/folded vs a halfpot bet, thinking even if it is a +EV call with implieds I'm still oop and would have to donk some rivers when improving or to balance even unimproved.
      Is there a reason to bet/fold the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you think he has there Ax then c/c half potsize bet and shove river. I think he won´t fold trips
      problem is his stack size. I think b/f turn can be reasonable just in case if he was just floating you or have worse draw, like 45/34 or worse flushdraw
      So I´d likely would still barrel since sometimes we have best hand and if not then we should have 20% equity against Ax hand

Edit: also very fine option can be c/rai on the turn, since you´re ahead most of his draws and if he was floating he would b/f there. Only hand I see him b/c would be Ax or boat
    • hova
      hova
      Silver
      c/c = c/r > bet/fold > c/f > bet/call? What do you think? :)