This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 BB KK

• Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.84
      UTG2:
      $5.77
      BU:
      $0.4

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.12, 4 folds, BU raises to $0.40 (All-In), SB folds, Hero calls $0.36, UTG2 calls $0.28.

Flop: ($1.22) 9:heart: , 5:heart: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.92, UTG2 raises to $5.37 (All-In), Hero calls $4.45.

Turn: ($11.96) 3:diamond:
      River: ($11.96) A:spade: (3 players)

Final Pot: $11.96

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Js Jd)
      BU shows two-pair, aces and fives (Ah Qs)
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and fives (Kh Kd)

BU wins with two-pair, aces and fives (Ah Qs)
      Hero wins with two-pair, kings and fives (Kh Kd)

PF: I decided to call here. I thought UTG would likely shove AK, AQ, AJ, QQ, a range I have crushed, due to me looking very much like a smaller pocket pair by calling. And I felt if I reraised I would make all his worse hands fold.

Flop: When he called preflop I put him on TT, JJ maybe 99, I didn't think there are many hands he could raise/call 3bet preflop with. c/r I think looks to strong so I donked and hoped he would raise.

Was it ok played? I was really happy when he showed he had exactly what I put him on, but I realise this doesn't always mean the hand was played well!

Thanks for feedback
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Yeah, I like to take such plays also sometimes for the given reason that we might just scare away UTG with our 4bet but he still could shove over us with a lot worse. Otherwise nice hand!

Best regards.