BB ($2.39)
      UTG ($5.28)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      Hero ($5.18)
      MP1 ($3.24)
      CO ($2.28)
      BTN ($6.80)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 7:heart: 6:spade: J:heart:

UTG+1 bets $0.34, Hero raises to $0.68, UTG+1 raises to $2.51, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $1.71

Villain was 12/9 with aggression factor 4.6. I assumed he made a standard contibet and I didn't just want to call him down all the way, so decided to semi-bluff with a raise. As he reraised, I folded. Main question here is not really if I should raise (which could have been a mistake, I admit), but what shall I do after such a re-raise. Should I just take the safe route in such situations and fold, or shall I push?
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja

Against such a guy I'd just better fold AJo as he can easily have AQ/AK if he's raising from early position.

On that flop I'd better just call it as if we are raising there's just not any worse hand that can call us as I don't expect him to have KJ/QJ (and he won't call a raise with them even if he has one), so we are turning our hand into a bluff, but we don't need it as he could be cbetting with worse hands and we'd be happy to keep them in. So I'd call it and reevaluate turn. If he bets strong again, I think we can fold it.

Good luck!