FLOP ($0.70) 5:spade: 9:spade: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

TURN ($1.50) 5:spade: 9:spade: Q:heart: J:club:

SB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

RIVER ($3.10) 5:spade: 9:spade: Q:heart: J:club: A:heart:

SB bets $2.10, Hero folds

SB wins $2.95

21/17/3.6 fold to cbet 54, WTSD 26, fold to steal in SB 78

This is a fold preflop, that hand is old, from times when I played too loose :f_p:

On flop - as he has such low fold to cbet I can check probably.

As played turn I think easy call because he floats often.

On river probably he is not bluffing often so I fold.
  • 6 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      vs tight blinds I think its fine to open J2s from BU.

flop yeah I think cbet is ok cool, turn I just fold.

If he had a Q how would he play this vs a tag? He knows you will cbet so he just c/c's your cbet and then donks the turn because he doesn't want you to see a free card on the river, its not even like on the turn we have AJ, we have J2 so we don't even beat any J that he might think he can vbet vs draws.

I understand that you realise he can float but the thing is, if he is floating he is firing river alw and if he is value betting he is very often firing river, are you happy calling 3 barrels with middle pair no kicker?

I just cbet flop giveup turn, also interested in hand judges thoughts, he might like you think villain has enough floats, but I don't, we just get value owned way to much.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Depends against what kind of opponents we are, if you think they are folding far enough to the steal then sure why not. But if they are Calling light or even 3betting then I'd rather just skip the steal.

As played
      Flop: I'd rather just that just Checking behind might be a bit weak, for the given reason that why do we steal at all then with such a hand? I'd rather CBet such a board, where we easily could represent the Qx or whatsoever.
      Turn: But here I'd rather fold it since he decides to donk into us, rather has a hand which beat us than donks with weaker one.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Turn: But here I'd rather fold it since he decides to donk into us, rather has a hand which beat us than donks with weaker one.

Why do you think he cannot float often enough? He has low fold to cbet and his AF is 3.6, so thats why I think he can float.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

Why do you think he cannot float often enough? He has low fold to cbet and his AF is 3.6, so thats why I think he can float.
      Yeah of course he may float but more often I see people do such floats being IP and not Check/Calling the flop and then donking the turn. Rather is a strong line than weak one, he should have here a made hand more often than a bluff.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      but more often I see people do such floats being OOP

You probably meant they float when they are IP more often, not OOP? :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      but more often I see people do such floats being OOP

You probably meant they float when they are IP more often, not OOP? :)
      Oh, yeah. Thanks for the correction. :) IP was what I wanted to say but as I see you understood it clearly, I can't really talk about that this way. :D