$10
      Hero:
      $10
      CO:
      $20,41
      BU:
      $12,7

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:spade: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, SB calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,90) 9:club: , 8:spade: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,3, Hero ?(

First of all, I think raising QJo with that CO still to talk is bad, but I had the stats turned off because of some problems.

SB has done this to me one time before. That time I raised him, he called and he donked the turn again. What should I do? Fold and wait for a good hand to get his stack?
  • 2 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      heyy firstly raising QJ here is the nuts with bad players behind you, SB is bad yeah for sure CO has position on you but hes still bad so we don't mind, he likely has no positional awareness and is calling with hands like J9s Q9s QT JT etc etc, so don't worry about that, especially with sb being such a fish you want to be raising big broadways always!

on the flop I raise 100% of the time, he has air so often. We have 2 overs + gutshot and I believe plenty of fold equity, he donks small because he thinks he can get a cheap fold out of you, so just go ahead and raise, fold to a 3b and evaluate turn if he flats! :) GL
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

First of all, I think raising QJo with that CO still to talk is bad, but I had the stats turned off because of some problems.

Nope, it's totally doable, depending how good are your skills postflop. You could easily try checking for the stats, not sure though if Elephant has such a feature, if you are playing QJo profitable in long run.

About the game, as you said he has done such donks earlier and often times? Then I don't even mind raising his small donk on flop on such board + we have a GS+overcards which also adds some equity for us. And when he donks again on turn and we didn't hit then just fold it and wait for better spot, he likely will have a hand. Might as well trap you with trips or even better.

Best regards.