UTG raises to $2, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, UTG calls $4

FLOP ($12.75) A:spade: T:club: 5:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($12.75) A:spade: T:club: 5:heart: 9:spade:

UTG bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50

RIVER ($29.75) A:spade: T:club: 5:heart: 9:spade: 8:heart:

UTG bets $17, Hero folds

UTG wins $28.30

villain is a regular: 21/14/2, wts 22, 1.5khs.
      I think I have to cb here for balance. Problem for me now is that when I check behind he might even decide to barrel me off with QQ/JJ etc.

if we did cbet, and assuming we got called, should we planned to check behind on the turn and fold to any reasonable sized river bet?

Villain's hand looks like AQ/AK that he did not want to get AI pre for 130bb or maybe TT setmining...
  • 5 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Looks like u have good amount of hands from him. So u could provide his fold to 3b and UTG open %. Cause that can change his range and our cb also. If he is standard regular. Then i would play like u played. I dont think he is ever 2 barreling as bluff QQ, JJ. It just doesnt make much sense.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      So u could provide his fold to 3b and UTG open %

f vs 3b = 83%
      oR utg = 14%

So I guess his range is AKs+, TT+ but likely he 4b AA most of the time
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      I am not so sure does he even have TT there for calling. Most likely i would replace it with AKo. But maybe he thinks other way and has AJs+ there.

I would play like u played.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He would likely b/c pf any pp to set value, since your 3-bet range against his utg raise would be very tight and you´re smt like 140bb deep.
      I would c-bet/fold that flop, since good players would know always you don´t have there AK and would sometimes turn their middle/small pp into bluff and of course valuebet Ax+ hand. So you can´t really call him down.
      So I´d prefer c-betting 6$ and if getting called then checking it down. there can be reason for betting turn again smt like 12$ that you don´t have to call river bet, but basically ti means you have to shove river to get him fold his Ax hands
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      He would likely b/c pf any pp to set value, since your 3-bet range against his utg raise would be very tight and you´re smt like 140bb deep.
      I would c-bet/fold that flop, since good players would know always you don´t have there AK and would sometimes turn their middle/small pp into bluff and of course valuebet Ax+ hand. So you can´t really call him down.
      So I´d prefer c-betting 6$ and if getting called then checking it down. there can be reason for betting turn again smt like 12$ that you don´t have to call river bet, but basically ti means you have to shove river to get him fold his Ax hands
      Betting flop doesn't make any sense as we don't get Ax to fold - but QQ and worse will.

3barreling on this board is pretty much suicidal as imo on NL50 no one is ever going to fold Ax - and by the turn (when we cbet) 90% of their range is Ax since the board is so dry.