$5,8
      MP3:
      $10,15
      CO:
      $38,66
      BU:
      $10,59

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,40, BU folds, Hero calls ?(

I don't know what to do in these situations. Calling for set value seems bad, because his raising range is large. I don't want to 3bet also, because in NL10 that's not needed.

If a board with low cards come, should I DB or c/r? And if I had a low PP?
  • 2 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      dependant on player type I think you should be 3betting here, if he is the sort of player that flats all your 3b's its annoying but in general most players at nl10 fold to 3b's, this is a good spot to 3b because we have a strong hand that we are on many flops liable to get bluffed off, since we are OOP without initiative and there are many overs to our pair, if we 3b here we 1) have fold equity and get immediate value, 2) we can profitably cbet many boards, since we have initiative, 3) when we spike our 9 its easier to get value, since he is raising wide on BU/CO our implied odds arn't quite as good.

Think about it, would you rather flat call c/f most boards (and get value owned by better hands since your OOP) or would you rather 3b for immediate value & initiative?

If they start flatting or 4b'ing we have to start adjusting, (altho trust me NL10 regs really don't adjust properly), I would definitely read an article/watch a video on 3b'ing, there is alot to learn about how to play vs people that are starting to adjust, learning about when you should 3b a polarised and when to 3b a depolarised range, when it might be possible to 3b/5b jam any pair etc (although I still haven't found a reg that 4b bluffs me enough for this to be +EV at NL10, like I say they just don't adjust properly).

If you start monkeymoding from the blinds at NL10 most people will just start flatting you with suited trash and 4b'ing u a bit wider.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: Just for the given reason that we also could make him stop stealing from us in future, he may also see that we are fighting back. Also when we do have a hand, he might try to get in with a lot weaker hand rather than he would when we wouldn't 3bet with wider range there. For that given reason I'd rather 3bet there and take the initiative, we also make him easily fold a lot of flops.

Also about the calling thing, we aren't always Calling for set value, often times even our pair is ahead of him and even on flop. There are a lot of flops which we may continue.

If a board with low cards come, should I DB or c/r? And if I had a low PP?

You can do whatever suits you, everything is possible. With Check/Raise you just make worse to fold and not let him continue, therefore sometimes I even prefer to just float and let them continue bluffing. And when you had lower PP there? Where there? On low cards board? and you missed? Depends if you have draws with you and else, but obviously as your plan preflop was to just call for set value then you could easily just fold it. Also it depends a lot on the opponent, hard to say without knowing the opponent, or without seeing the cards or anything like that. There ain't a rule for the given spots and such stuff, there are just so many different indicators what could change those kind of situations very easily.

Best regards.