MP1: $19.96
      MP2: $7.99
      CO: $27.11
      BTN: $10.90
      SB: $10.80
      Hero (BB): $8.60
      UTG: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with T:heart: T:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: T:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, UTG folds

Turn: ($2.85) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

River: ($6.45) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Should i be raising the turn here because of potential flush draws. I like the call on the flop it keeps in the hand but not sure about the call on the turn and maybe i should put out a little value bet on the river. What do you think?

Thanks guys
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I'd be raising flop without any doubt. There's possible draws and bad cards for us on later streets, he can call/shove with ton of worse, plus we are OOP, so overall it's an easy raise.

As played on flop calling turn is fine if we decided to make it passive. He still makes it pretty big, so hard to say how he's gonna react to a raise and I wouldn't feel too comfortable playing for stacks here although he could have lower sets, overpairs and stuff like that - without any reads it's hard to say if he's really going to continue playing them, he may just snapfold them on such a board.

Overall raising flop is the reason to avoid taking this passive line and miss value by that. He can easily have worse hands there, but we just missed getting value from them.

Good luck!