$368.57 - $1000 The Mecon challenge

• Donmecon
      Donmecon
      Bronze
      I started this challenge on the 15 Nov 2010 whilst at an extremely low point. My confidence had been shattered by a particulary bad run of luck and I ranted on about how poker was almost 100% luck. Well since that time I reached my goal of $400 by christmas albeit a few days over and now am heading slowly towards my next goal of $450 which is my target for the end of January. I am on $414.81 after some long sessions on sit n go's. I have much more success in these games than cash but that side is improving.

I am still not in control of my anger when someone sucks out on me of which I must improve on. I must accept that I will lose with Aces, Kings, lose to a player who makes a crazy call with 2 outs with 1 card to come and hits it. Poker is a frustrating game but I feel I am getting better all the time and to play this for a living would be a pleasure. A long way from that but who knows what the future holds for me !
  • 1 reply
    • Donmecon
      Donmecon
      Bronze
      Well my target was well and truly missed in January and there is little sign that $450 is reachable by the end of February. I am currently on $406.46 and this is all down to once again the luck factor. I have been playing 18 player sit n go's almost to the exclusivity of every else. I am reaching the final table of 9 about 9/10 so playing the early stages well when the blinds are small. The problem occurs when the Blinds get so big that ALL IN is the only option and that is where I am losing. It dosen't matter whether I get in with the best hand or not I am losing a good 75% of these races. I am getting in with the best hand about 66% of the time so as you can see I am being very unlucky. Poker once again is becoming increasingly frustrating but I will perservere in my goal and just hope that this endless bad luck will end even if it is just for a short period of time.