Stack
      BB:
      $10,03
      MP1:
      $11,01
      Hero:
      $10,99

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:heart: , 9:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,20, Hero calls $0,20, 4 folds, BB calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,65) Q:heart: , T:spade: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20, BB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($1,25) 9:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0,75, Hero calls $0,75, BB folds.

River: ($2,75) A:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1,5, MP1 calls $1,50.

Final Pot: $5,75

I don't usually coldcall minraises from MP, but this guy was minraising a lot so I took a shot. Problem is with this hand from preflop till river, I don't know how should I play it, nor where do I stand.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Preflop: For the given reason that he is min-raising and he is very loose then I don't mind the Call here and hopefully hit.

As played
      Flop: Since we didn't really hit much, I'd rather just fold it here with our mid-pair, ain't worth risking and putting ourself into difficult situations.

As played if flop was called
      Turn: As we hit our miracle and hit 2pair then we can likely continue but this is exactly a spot where he could as well have flush here and we are putting ourself into difficult spot. Therefore rather take pot control.
      River: It's kinda thin value-bet actually sometimes I even prefer to Check behind but I think since he is a that loose a smallish bet should be doable.

Best regards.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      OK, so preflop, turn and river are OK. But can I really fold on flop with middle pair and BD SFD when I'm getting more than 4:1 and possible 5:1 if BB calls?

BTW he had J8o for Q high straight X(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      OK, so preflop, turn and river are OK. But can I really fold on flop with middle pair and BD SFD when I'm getting more than 4:1 and possible 5:1 if BB calls?

BTW he had J8o for Q high straight X(
      And also you have to discount a lot of outs because of the flushdraw also being on board. And often time you just put yourself into hard spots where you just don't know what to do and will lose money, this is exactly a spot where you can see good example.