$10,1
      MP3:
      $10,15
      CO:
      $11,73
      BU:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:heart:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,85) 8:spade: , 5:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,63, Hero raises to $1,80, CO calls $1,17.

Turn: ($4,45) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks,

On the flop I c/r because I don't want to DB and get raised loosely. But now that I think about it, I think most cbets here will either be with a :spade: or overpair, and in that case I should just c/c... What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: For the given reason that is going to showdown pretty often I don't really see that we can play such hands by just Calling very profitable, we wont just hit enough and also he doesn't fold that often postflop either. Therefore I'd rather just 3bet it or just fold.

As played
      Flop: Actually I'd rather prefer to donk it out rather than Check/Raise, we are turning just our hand into bluff this way since we ain't going broke against him and also he seems to be going to showdown pretty often. And problem with Check/Call is also that we wont find out where we just stand, therefore rather just donk it out and see his further actions.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: For the given reason that is going to showdown pretty often I don't really see that we can play such hands by just Calling very profitable, we wont just hit enough and also he doesn't fold that often postflop either. Therefore I'd rather just 3bet it or just fold.

As played
      Flop: Actually I'd rather prefer to donk it out rather than Check/Raise, we are turning just our hand into bluff this way since we ain't going broke against him and also he seems to be going to showdown pretty often. And problem with Check/Call is also that we wont find out where we just stand, therefore rather just donk it out and see his further actions.

Best regards.
      What if he raises our db? I think he may do that with any :spade: , overpair of course, and 8x. Then if I just call he'll probably bet the turn again with 8x and overpair...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

As played

Best regards.
      What if he raises our db? I think he may do that with any :spade: , overpair of course, and 8x. Then if I just call he'll probably bet the turn again with 8x and overpair...
      Then we just give it up, ain't worth risking with our money with just 2nd nutFD while he may easily have the Ace of :spade: . And also when he even does have a weaker hand, he wont pay us off when we do hit the flush.