Locked Account

• KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Last Friday William Hill locked my account for security reasons apparently, after several emails still no one has got back to me to explain what the problem is.

I have joined sites in the past that ask you to scan and email them copies of your driving licence and a recent bank statement, to prove I am who I say I am.

I would have no problem in doing this if they just got back to me.

I have accounts with; pokerstars, full tilt, everest, bwin, wsop.com, pkr, betfred, blue sq, titan, interpoker, Betway and Party Poker.

This is by far the longest amount of time I have had to wait for a site to get back to me and it isn't good enough!
  • 36 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey KingKarlito,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the community.

We can't help to much because it's in William Hills hands. Sorry.
      Just be patient and hopefully they will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Hi Kyle

No worries I didn't think there would be anything poker strategy could do here but I did wonder if anyone else had the same thing happen.

Lets assume I lose the $50 on william hill, can I then get another bankroll through poker strategy on a differnt poker site? for example cake poker, I have heard good things about cake but have never played there before
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      That would be up to the support/security side of PokerStrategy.com to decide but I wouldn't see much of a problem.

Just wait for William Hill to reply, it is the weekend so maybe they are short on staff for support. Then take it from there and contact our support and ask where to go from there.

Hope you work out your problem. Goodluck.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      I have emailed them again today as still no reply to my emails

I still dont know why they locked my account in the first place
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Sorry for your in-convenience. All I can suggest is patience.
      Goodluck.
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Eventually yesterday my account was reopened that is a crazy length of time to leave me hanging it was first locked on the 14/01/2011 and now is 20/02/2011.

I had to escalate it to an official complaint before anyone sorted it out

Very Very poor customer service from William hill, my suggestion take your free poker strategy bank roll at cake poker their customer support is excellent and they have some very good value added money tourneys
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Okay this is being stupid now yet again I cannot access my account

Last Sunday 06/03/2011 when I went to log in I got a message saying my username or password was incorrect, very strange because it was set to remember my username and password and I was playing the day before fine. Eventually I was told to try resetting my password, they emailed me a link to the William hill website and I went through the reset procedure, then when I went to log in it said I had to verify my age.

I sent them an email with all my ID scans attached, only to get a reply to say they did not need to verify my age and my account should be fine, I tried logging in again with the reset password and then my old one, still could not log on. Several emails sent regarding including screen shots of the error messages.

Last Wednesday they emailed me saying it was a technical error at their end, today I emailed them as they still had not fixed the issue whatever it is and got the below response

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your email.

We would like to express our deepest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We have already forwarded your concern to the relevant department to check.

May we ask for your extended patience and understanding regarding this matter as we are doing our best in rectifying your log-in concern.

We will update you via email once we have received their reply.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any more concerns.

With regards,

Heidi

It just isn’t good enough I want access to my account, I missed my depositors tourney on Wednesday and now the ticket has expired, I cannot play the daily poker strategy free rolls, it’s just not fair, I would easily have unlocked the $50 by now if I had daily access to my account

My advice is do not deposit in this site and do not take your $50 bank roll here
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      William Hill took my starting capital 3 days after they put it in my account.

This is the second iPoker skin they have attempted to start. I'm sure they will run it into the ground just like they did with CD Poker.

I just went back to Titan where my money was safe and they processing my cashouts quickly.
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      My Account is still locked and now looks like I am going to miss another 3 free roll tournenys which I had planned to play :(
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      iPoker is the 3rd biggest Poker Network in the World and their software + companies using it are a huge joke. If anybody asked me about iPoker or William hill the only thing i would tell him is get the F*** away from William Hill!
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      iPoker is the 3rd biggest Poker Network in the World and their software + companies using it are a huge joke. If anybody asked me about iPoker or William hill the only thing i would tell him is get the F*** away from William Hill!
      Agreed
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Still can't log in over a week now
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi KingKarlito,

First of all, I am sorry to see you are having trouble with your account at William Hill.

As justkyle suggested before, you contacted our support - thank you for that.

I would like to help you further on, could you please give me an update on what is your current account status? Still closed or managed to re-open and received answers to all your questions?

Many thanks
      Ingrid
    • MarkoPurasevicMNE
      MarkoPurasevicMNE
      Basic
      I passed activation at pokerstrategy, I am waiting for activation at William Hill day more or less, about 10 days... I have send them all documents, ID card, bill I've payed, moneybookers account screenshot..

I get message:

Thank you for your query.
      Your question has now been received and we will reply as soon as
      possible. Should you wish to update your question, please enter your
      reply between the lines below.
      With regards,
      Customer Services
      William Hill plc

My WH username: MarkoPurasevic
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi MarcoPurasevicMNE,

Have you tried to contact their live support?
      - enter WH lobby, click the "online support" icon and start the chat

I think this could be the faster option to find out more.

Please keep us updated.

Ingrid
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Hi IngridN

Still no access to my account, this is a seperate issue to the orriginal one where I spoke to Kyle

WH have said there is a technical issue at their end, I sent them 2 screen shots of the error messages which I get when I try to log in

I have sent them emails chasing them up but to no avail, they just ask for my patience every time

I would have cleared the $50 of rake by now, I have lost poker strategy points for the month, I have not been able to play several free rolls which I had tickets for as well as the poker strategy daily ones

My patience has ran out I am afraid I have lost all faith in ipoker :(
    • MarkoPurasevicMNE
      MarkoPurasevicMNE
      Basic
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi MarcoPurasevicMNE,

Have you tried to contact their live support?
      - enter WH lobby, click the "online support" icon and start the chat

I think this could be the faster option to find out more.

Please keep us updated.

Ingrid
      You can't even log in to their program.

>>> This account has been temporarily locked for security reasons.
      Please contact Customer Support at poker@willhill.com for further assistance

or website

>>> Sorry, it has not been possible to login to your account. Please contact Customer Servicesfor assistance, quoting 'ACC02'.

Problem is, they don't answer (age verification team and customer support team)...
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Marko and KingKarlito,

I am looking into this issue right now, please bare with me and I'll get back to you once I received an update.

However, Marko I really think you should contact WH customer support and send them the reference they asked you to quote ACC02. As this might be a reason I will not be able to find out more.

Thank you
      Ingrid
    • winzsavana
      winzsavana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KingKarlito
      Eventually yesterday my account was reopened that is a crazy length of time to leave me hanging it was first locked on the 14/01/2011 and now is 20/02/2011.

I had to escalate it to an official complaint before anyone sorted it out

Very Very poor customer service from William hill, my suggestion take your free poker strategy bank roll at cake poker their customer support is excellent and they have some very good value added money tourneys
      only need 5 min to answer our questions on cake, 3hr on stars and 2 days on fulltilt (and tilt frozen my acc)..hope uu have more luck with WH