[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KJs trouble after squeeze

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hi there!

I decided for the squeze in this situation and found myself in trouble postflop...

MP's (initial raiser) stats are:
      VPIP: 26
      PFR: 23
      Fold to CB: 20
      3-b: 0
      Agg: 0,9
      Hands: 151

BU's stats are:
      VPIP: 21
      PFR: 16
      Fold to CB: 50
      3-b: 15
      Agg: 3,3 (Turn: 5)
      Hands: 89

Link to the hand: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/579000

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $13.49
      MP3:
      $19.77
      CO:
      $13.46
      BU:
      $10.77
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB (Hero):
      $10.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.60, MP3 folds, BU calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.65) 3, 2, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, BU calls $2.70.

Turn: ($9.05) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU raises to $6.47(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.05.

Now I have few specific qestions:

1. Was this the right situation for sqeeze? I tought it was because of loose open raiser and relatively loose limper.
      2. Was that flop suited for continuation bet and was it fine to play it here?
      3. What about cbet sizing? Would it be better to bet smaller?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

1. Was this the right situation for sqeeze? I tought it was because of loose open raiser and relatively loose limper.

Of course it's doable if you see those opponents being reasonable and being able to fold. Although I would sometimes watch over the opponents who Call our squeeze since they are often having a PP or something similar.

2. Was that flop suited for continuation bet and was it fine to play it here?

As I said very often you might face a PP from such opponents who Call such a squeeze if they are reasonable players, therefore I might even Check/Fold sometimes directly if I know the opponent better. Otherwise CBetting is still fine, we still have fold equity against any kind of hand and against any kind of loose player as you said.

3. What about cbet sizing? Would it be better to bet smaller?

I'd do it like $2,50 or something similar don't have to be that big since it's a 3bet pot.

Best regards.